Platform Services Leader for Enterprise Functions Technology (TSSE)
Compensation: $120,305.00 - $157,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations.
Wells Fargo Technology
Technology at Wells Fargo is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Wells Fargo Technology (WFT) team leads technology for one of the highest market cap financial services institutions in the world, helping 76.6 million customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day, helping more end-customers every day - both in the United States and across the globe - than any other division in our company.
Wells Fargo Technology's goal is to exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. Through technology and operations services, Wells Fargo Technology interacts with customers more than 12 billion times a year through branch, mobile, online, ATM and telephone transactions. Wells Fargo Technology impacts customers directly through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through Wells Fargo business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers financial needs. Wells Fargo Technology strives to be a competitive advantage for the company and effective information management is one example of where we can take our capabilities to a new level of excellence.
The Wells Fargo Technology team helps customers directly every time they do business with the company, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of channel. We also help customers by remaining trusted partners working with all lines of business (LOB) to develop and deliver value-added products and services. To do this, Wells Fargo Technology draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise.
Enterprise Functions Technology
The Enterprise Functions Technology Team provides technology to the Enterprise-wide lines of businesses, functions and leaders. Business alignment includes Enterprise Risk, Enterprise Finance, Enterprise Data Management and Insights, Human Resources, Stakeholder Relations, Marketing, Audit and Legal.
With many of the functions and teams newly consolidated Enterprise organizations, business and technology transformations are a key focus. EFT's role is to partner with the business, acting as one team to deliver simple, safe and sound, innovative and integrated products and services. EFT platforms and services are foundational to Wells Fargo and required to run the company and to satisfy our customer and employee needs. We must deliver every day with high availability, speed to market, strong risk management, security, agility and with financial transparency.
This executive leadership role is key and transformational for the Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT), and our Technology target operating model. It is accountable for overall Application Availability, Service Management and Platform Engineering for EFT-aligned applications, and other Strategic and Operational initiatives spanning EFT. Additionally, this leader will be accountable for defining and executing on a strategic resiliency plan, remediating known issues/gaps and ensuring that information security is a core tenant.
The EFT Platform Services group supports a diverse and critical technology portfolio aligned with 5 Operating Committee Members. This portfolio has increasing demands as the company continues to invest in internal capabilities including Risk and Finance reporting and portfolio modernization.
EFT Application Availability is accountable for all production activities, including planned changes/code deployments as well as unplanned incident response on behalf of all EFT applications. In addition, the leader is accountable to ensure the test environments are up and available, safe and secure.
This leader will participate in the development of the strategic roadmaps for EFT Platform initiatives, including operational standards in partnership with Platform Engineering, Service Management and development teams.
This leader will support Enterprise Risk & Finance, HR & Team Member Technology, Enterprise Data and overall Enterprise Business Technology application portfolios. These areas support critical Enterprise Wide functions across the company.
This leader supports a 24/7 function with a global dependency of service availability and they will support applications that are critical for all lines of business including the technology teams to meeting enterprise commitments for availability, risk, and regulatory initiatives.
Enterprise Business Technology Platform Services is accountable for the following functions:
* Platform engineering across EFT applications for greater effectiveness and efficiency
* Strategic and urgent execution of the Safety and Soundness initiatives and vulnerability remediation
* Production and test application and environment availability - includes monitoring, alarming, proactive alerting, and first level triage for all Enterprise Business Technology applications and platforms
* Incident/issue first response and resolution of all severity level issues from high severity issues to lower severity trouble tickets
* Execution against the asset lifecycle management programs with respect to patching and upgrades
* Change and deployment game plan development and execution
* Leading operational practices design, with a focus on consistent practices across all EFT applications
* Ensuring the Operating Level Agreements and Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded
* Application code management and deployment functions
* Strong partnership with EACO leaders for metrics and trending analysis, root cause and preventative action work
* Proactive risk management and monitoring
* Delivering a risk based strategy which includes information security as a core tenant.
* Financial management and rigor
* Team and talent management
* 12+ years of technology infrastructure and strategy experience
* 7+ years of management experience in technology
* Experience managing multiple enterprise-wide technology infrastructure or service components or all end-to-end distributive infrastructure activities for the enterprise
Other Desired Qualifications
* Experience managing an organization of 250+ team members
* Experience managing base and incremental budget through multiple cost centers with an annual budget of $200M or greater
* Demonstrated prior experiences in effective engagement with operating & management committee executives, board members and external regulators
* Strong relevant prior experiences in effective management of technology financials and risk
* Ability to effectively drive and lead change in an organization with Wells Fargo's size, scale and complexity
* Demonstrated experience in building, leading, developing and retaining a high performing team of leaders, strong technical experts and high performing professionals in a cultural environment that achieves results through team member engagement and satisfaction
* Demonstrated ability to manage a large portfolio of technology efforts across several major lines of business and effectively partner/influence at the senior executive level
* Strong knowledge and understanding of the financial, operational, technical and regulatory drivers impacting a complex and dynamic global technology environment
* Ability to develop technology strategy, operating model & roadmaps with clear objectives and aligned with business, enterprise and WFT strategies
* Broad experience across multiple areas of technology including one or more of architecture, infrastructure and application development with strong understanding of leading edge as well as legacy and distributed technologies to effectively manage the complex and diverse applications portfolio
* Proven experience as a highly effective leader with credibility from demonstrating strong business and technology acumen
* Highly effective decision-making/critical thinking/problem solving skills with a collaborative and results oriented leadership style
* Demonstrated ability to consult with key business partners and translate complex, technical concepts so that they are clearly understood in support of sound decisions to meet business objectives
* Demonstrated experience motivating and influencing groups or individuals across organizational boundaries to gain trust and confidence to make timely decisions
* Proven experience in establishing a vision, developing the strategy to support the vision, gaining consensus across key functional leadership through effective communication, and driving action towards the vision through the effective management of goals and objectives
* Demonstrated vendor negotiation and partnership skills
* Excellent communication (oral and written) with ability to communicate at multiple levels ranging from technologists to senior managers and executive leadership
* Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: associate director, chief financial officer, chief investment officer, controller, director finance, general manager, general operations manager, operational manager, president, president finance
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...