Physician - Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Virginia Mason Medical Center
- $56,280.00 - 75,980.00 / Year *
- 7701 44th Ave NE
- Seattle, WA 98115
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Job Number: 183161
Physician - Cardiothoracic Surgeon - Seattle
Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle, Washington is recruiting a board certified Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join our growing Heart Institute team.
* The CT Surgeon will perform adult cardiac surgical procedures.
* The CT surgeon will become part of a large referral network including organizational employed cardiology practice.
* As a member of the Virginia Mason Heart Institute, the CT surgeon will be working collaboratively with all cardiology specialties in an atmosphere of\"Team Medicine\". Opportunities to participate in research and clinical trials is supported by the Benaroya Research Institute of Virginia Mason.
The Cardiac Surgery program at Virginia Mason has a long history of excellence in quality and patient experience. The Cardiac Surgery Department received a 3 Star rating for both CABG and AVR surgical procedures by the Society of Thoracic Surgery (STS) which serves as the benchmark national data base. This places our program in the top 10% of CT Surgery programs for quality in the nation. As well as having exceptional outcomes, our cardiac surgeons are in the 98th and 99th percentile for patient satisfaction.
* 5+ years adult cardiothoracic surgery experience highly preferred
* Experience in minimally invasive techniques preferred
* Board Certified by American Board of Thoracic Surgeons
* Fellowship or advanced training in cardiothoracic surgery
Virginia Mason, established in 1920 in Seattle, WA, is internationally recognized as a preeminent health care organization focused on delivering quality services to our patients. Known for innovations in patient care and named Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group as well as the only hospital in the Pacific Northwest to be awarded America's 50 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades. Virginia Mason is a private, non-profit organization offering a system of integrated health services, including a multi-specialty group of more than 460 employed physicians, 5,200 employees, a 336-bed acute care hospital, a network of regional clinics, academic training programs and an independently funded research center. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really mattersyour patients.
Located in the Pacific NW, Seattle is an area with a mild climate year round and close to the great outdoors where we enjoy an abundance of activities with our close proximity to the waters of Puget Sound and surrounding mountains. City life and cultural activities are also thriving. With a variety of neighborhoods and areas to work and live, there are many choices for the type of lifestyle you'd like to enjoy.
Please apply online or send your CV and cover letter to Michele Chacon at:
...@virginiamason.org\"Each Person. Every Moment. Better Never Stops.\"We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Associated topics: cardiology, cardiothoracic, cardiovascular, chf, electrophysiology, failure, heart, interventional, invasive, non invasive