The UserTesting Engineering team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer, Back End, who enjoys working on the back end tech stack, has solid experience with Ruby on Rails, is committed to people over process, understands the value of user testing throughout the product cycle, and has a strong belief in keeping things simple.
You will play a key role in our product evolution, duties include:
* Work closely with product and design to discover and build solutions that help our customers build great user experiences
* Collaborate with engineers who are both remote and co-located in our Mountain View, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Edinburgh offices.
* Work effectively within a team environment, to regularly solicit and act on feedback, focus on root causes, and continually strive to improve
* Enhance our customer-facing platform, tester panel distribution systems, video playback tools, and mobile device recording capabilities
* Advocate and lead-by-example best practices for code quality in architecture and design, maintainability, performance, and scalability
* Lead on promoting just-right solutions to build for the future while also avoiding costly premature optimizations
This is a full-time position in any of our offices or remote.
* 4+ years of experience developing in Ruby on Rails or a similar web application framework.
* Passion for engineering practices such as refactoring, TDD, CI/CD, pair programming, and design/code reviews
* Customer-centered desire to solve hard technical problems with simple solutions
* Experience with high discipline agile development processes such as Lean/Scrum/Kanban/XP
* Familiar with or deep interest in flow-based development processes with continuous (30+) deployments daily
* Seeks regular feedback and collaborates naturally with peers and functions outside of engineering
Bonus points for:
* Experience with client-side performance optimization; security
* Experience in the field of Usability
* Experience with SaaS product development
* Experience with rapid-prototyping and validating assumptions using qualitative and quantitative methods
* Experience using UserTesting is a big plus
* Unix system administration experience
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as equity participation.
Learn more about what it is like to work at UserTesting at:
Associated topics: application, back end, c c++, c++, c#, matlab, programming, python, sdet, software development engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.