Inside Sales Executive
Compensation: $29,040.00 - $48,270.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Title: Media Account Manager, Direct Sales
Job Profile: 105075 - Inside Sales Representative TR6
Manager: Richard Prior
Location: New York
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters is the world's largest international multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
The Reuters News Agency Media Account Manager, Direct Sales role is responsible for licensing Reuters' news and services. Our customers are print and digital publishers, corporations and governments. Reuters News Agency provides its clients with multi-media news solutions to reach their audiences. Our products include video & text feeds, pictures & graphics, packaged content and syndication services.
The Inside Sales Executive will be responsible for a small book of existing subscription-based accounts and will be expected to prospect and close a large volume of new business with new clients as well as retain and grow the assigned base in the emerging client (Inside sales) area of the business.
* Office based and outbound contact focused, the role is intended to maximise and grow all new prospects for the business to achieve this e expect a high level of outbound phone based activity.
* This role is part of a global team newly created to increase the agency business, focused on recurring subscriptions and single asset purchases.
* Managing and growing revenue and market share at designated accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve the company's strategic objectives.
* Developing and executing account and market strategy within the .
* Consistently achieve monthly, quarterly, annual sales objectives through securing new business and contract renewals in order to meet and exceed targets as agreed with the Inside Sales Manager.
* Develop new business by carrying out an aggressive agreed daily number of outbound contacts using phone and e-mail and cultivates customer relationships and ensures effective service delivery to accounts.
* Use relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate action to ensure sales and revenue targets are met or exceeded
* Develop a consistent pipeline of opportunities, by managing the account's decision-making process to ensure revenues are achieved
* Provide sales performance data and information to support management decision-making
* Provide accurate and timely account pipeline reports, account plan updates and sales forecasts through the use of SalesForce
* Works with and brings in experts/specialists onto the team where required, has oversight of all account activities
* Serve as primary contact for all client needs, requirements and expectations. This includes but is not limited to; the preparation of quotes, formal proposals, management of change requests and responsibility for liaising with billing and credit control departments
* May provide customer product training as necessary
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Demonstratable outbound sales success, must be able to work with leads provided internally as well as being able to identify and source external leads, must be tenacious and entrepreneurial and mix high outbound volume with high quality.
* Ability to coordinate resources and relationships outside of direct line of responsibility.
* Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
* A thorough understanding of SalesForce CRM.
* Good organizational and time management skills.
* Strong understanding of customers and their business model and workflows.
* Knowledge of and experience working with the ad hoc picture licensing market and/or subscription-based models.
* A track record of creating and closing business of various levels of complexity (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technology with a high level of proficiency.
* Problem solving - ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs.
* Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization, in this role the majority of interactions will be phone or digital based so experience presenting via webex or similar is advantageous.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* Experience with publishers (traditional and online), online aggregators and other consumers of media assets.
* Strong understanding and practical experience of selling via social media channels.
* Demonstrated track record of success in sales and exposure to content licensing is desirable.
* Deep knowledge of competitor landscape.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America
Req #: JREQ133315
Locations: New York-New York-United States of America
Job Function: Sales
Associated topics: administrative, branch manager, director of sales, manager, sales director, sales executive, shift lead, supervisor, team leader, territory manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...