Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we're growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We're proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation's prestigious CE100 USA.
As a Sales Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the sales team by ensuring that consignment received from consignors meet established condition standards set by the company.
This position is based in New York, NY and will report to the Senior Regional Director of Field Sales.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Partner with Luxury Managers to ensure luxury items meet established condition standards before shipping to our warehouse:
* Spot clean items
* Examine garments to check for staining or holes
* Check handbags, shoes, and garments to ensure there are no "foreign" items
* Work closely with Luxury Managers on what is a priority to process
* Label all processed bags and place them in appropriate bins to go to New Jersey
* Keep Luxury Managers informed of anything important regarding the consignment
* Process consignment using an application to document items
* Partner with merchandising to ensure items are on our approved list of designers
* Drive to meet Luxury Managers and Assistant Luxury Managers on appointments to pick up product returning to the office to process
* Safely handling and caring for luxury fashion items
* Pack shipments securely, following required specifications
* Conduct quality inspections on packaging and documentation
* Responsible for processing all parcel shipments with the designated carrier; FedEx/UPS/USPS
* Maintain shipping supplies and organize inventory
* General warehousing practices; safety and organization, housekeeping and trash removal, etc.
* Other responsibilities as designated by the Regional Director
* At least 1 year of work experience in a fashion setting
* Bachelor's degree highly preferred
* This position requires the ability to move and lift boxes up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
* Knowledge of luxury fashion designers preferred
* Comfortable collaborating with co-workers
* Clean driving record
* Fluency with basic computer applications (Word, Excel, databases, etc.)
* Accuracy and attention to detail are important
* Must be punctual and available to work overtime as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Associated topics: branch manager, manager of sales, principal, regional sales manager, sales director, sales leader, sales manager, shift lead, supervisor, territory manager
Loading some great jobs for you...