Manager, Email Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Email Operations Manager will closely partner with our various teams such as brand marketing, email strategy, technology and creative to design, build and traffic email experiences. A successful Manager of Email Operations is a constructive, problem solver and is a voice for best email practices. This role requires deep expertise in the Oracle Responsys platform, someone who is able not only to translate complex requirements into efficient campaign builds but who can be a resource for the entire team, improving overall knowledge and setting standards to guide operational processes. The idea candidate would be a self-starter, interested and eager to get in on the ground floor of a transformative period at the New York Times.
* Lead/manage the build-out of new capabilities and functionality within our Email Service Provider, Responsys and with other marketing automation tools
* Increase functional expertise on the email team through the improvement of tools and processes
* Serve as an email subject matter expert. Seek out answers if they are unknown and keep up-to-date on latest email industry trends and best practices
* Effectively give options for delivering new email projects and be able to speak to the benefits/considerations of each option
* Think creatively to solve problems
* Evaluate new tools/technologies to support innovation in email
* Proactively identify potential issues and suggest and implement solves through process and technology
* Accountable for day-to-day operational tasks from email ideation to HTML coding and deployment
* Works cross-functionally on campaigns to translate business requirements into operational requirements, with some development and execution of campaigns
* Provides guidance and instruction to creative and project management groups, to ensure that dependencies and needs are clearly highlighted
* Helps maintain a high level of operational excellence and promotes efficient use of the Oracle Responsys platform
* Understanding of data architecture and implementation in Responsys, to be able to accurately translate business requirements
* A minimum of 5 years technical expertise in email execution/experience with cloud-based/SaaS solution offerings (html, email automation, segmentation, deliverability, etc.).
* Strong email industry knowledge
* Experience leading projects or initiatives
* A strong understanding of database structure and SQL knowledge
* Working knowledge of the following areas:
* Marketing automation platforms such as Responsys, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, etc. Responsys experience strongly preferred.
* API Management
* Strong analytical capabilities
* Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills
* A willingness to 'roll up one's sleeves' and assist wherever needed
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills and able to distill concepts into reality
* Team player, willing to be flexible and adapt to change quickly
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. The New York Times Company will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local "Fair Chance" laws.
Loading some great jobs for you...