- Strategic Therapy Associates
- $50,335.00 -80,970.00/year*
7 Church Ave SW
Intensive In-Home Clinicians (QMHP-C) Strategic Therapy Associates is seeking a Child/Family Mental Health Counselor to work in Roanoke, VA and surrounding communities. Intensive In-Home Counselors at Strategic do community-based work with at-risk children/adolescents and their families in their homes helping to resolve the issues that are putting the children in an at-risk status, eliminating cause for out of home placement. They help empower families to resolve their own problems, and help restore appropriate hierarchy within the household, putting the parents back in loving charge of the children. We use the Strategic Family Therapy treatment model in our work with families, and clinical supervision is geared from that perspective. Our services include: life skills, parenting, communication skills, anger management, case management and coordination with other services and providers. Strategic Therapy Associates is a change oriented, community-based behavioral health provider who has been providing mental health services in Virginia since 1994. We address a variety of problems including abuse, neglect, court-related problems, and other mental health issues. We strive to keep children with their families and avoid the need for out-of-home placement. At Strategic, you will:
- Have the opportunity to positively impact children and families lives
- Learn a powerful approach that helps families change
- Receive specific, detailed direction on cases from seasoned, accomplished clinical supervisors
- Work with some of the most challenging cases - there is no better way to learn
- Do rewarding work that you can really feel good about because you'll see that you helped make a difference in the lives of at-risk families. Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide community-based therapeutic mental health services to children, adolescents, adults and families.
- Empower clients to resolve the issues that can lead to out of home and/or out of community placements, or that may result in institutionalization if not effectively remedied via lesser restrictive measures.
- Establish rapport quickly and employ creatively, appropriate therapeutic techniques to best meet the needs of the individual client.
- Be hopeful, optimistic, flexible open-minded and willing to adjust practice for the betterment of their clients. Required Education and Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree in the human services field ( Social work, Psychology, Counseling or other qualified human service degree) & 1500 hours experience working with children with mental health issues.
- (Or) Masters degree in Counseling, Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy or Psychology w/ 500 hour internship working in mental health field.
- Ability to register with the VA Board of Counseling as a QMHP-C. Please visit this link for more information,
- Valid Driver's License, auto insurance, good driving record & willingness to transport clients Benefits:
- Flexible schedule (as it relates to client availability)
- Health and Vision insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Personal Leave
- Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long Term Disability (co. paid)
- AFLAC options (including dental)
- Bereavement leave
- Retirement plan
- Mileage Reimbursement
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...