Project Manager - Reinsurance
Compensation: $145,180.00 - $145,180.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Duties and responsibilities of the position:
* Lead planning and implementation of projects.
* Serve as the main point of contact during all project phases.
* Facilitate definition of project scope, goals, deliverables and project meetings - internal and external.
* Lead the effort to develop and maintain a comprehensive project plan encompassing activity by all Project Team members (i.e., Business SME, internal Starr functions, & 3rd party vendors).
* Provide direction and support for to project team.
* Effectively prepare for and address project issues, risks and/or changes that may arise.
* Generate project status reporting and metrics for management and key stakeholders.
* Ensure projects meet established goals, objectives, and company standards.
* Ensure conformance to company best practices and project management methodology.
* Project evaluations and assessments of results.
* Supervise Reinsurance Business Analyst assigned tasks and deliverables.
* Oversite for change request and issue tracking & escalation process.
* Manage stakeholder engagement throughout the project lifecycle.
* Develop an understanding of the current Starr treaty and facultative reinsurance functions and process flows.
* Develop an understanding of the exception handling of complex facultative reinsurance agreements that require processing outside the standard reinsurance workflow.
* Develop a basic understanding of Starr's reinsurance systems (ReinsurancePro/URS, eReinsure) and integration points with underwriting systems (Salesforce, eReinsure, MEL).
* Collaborate with the Starr Technology Group (STG) to facilitate the evaluation of proposed automated solutions (i.e., Starr applications and 3rd party vendor products).
* Lead activities/communications with business users, vendors and internal IT groups.
* Provide timely and accurate updates to Starr management.
* Manage & escalate issues, risks and dependencies for assigned projects in order to meet objectives/deliverables.
Completion of ad-hoc tasks and projects assigned by the Manager.
* 2 - 5 Years of experience in the insurance & reinsurance industry.
* 2 - 5 years of experience in Project Management or PMO role.
* Proven Project Manager experience and knowledge of project management.
* Strong knowledge and experience with reinsurance (i.e., Facultative, XOL, Q/S, etc.).
* Familiarity with property & casualty insurance companies and their standard business units and operations teams.
* Understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management, including generally accepted IT processes/procedures and the software development lifecycle.
* Bachelor's degree preferably in business-related field of study.
* CPCU and / or ARe designations preferred.
* Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes.
* Understanding of project delivery and acceptance processes within a fast-paced business environment.
* Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
* High level of self-management.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* Independent worker with analytical skills that can contribute to multiple projects.
* Ability to work alone but also collaborate across groups & functions in a fast-paced setting.
* Excellent communication skills; Strong verbal communications skills and strong writing ability.
* Effective presentation skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (i.e., Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Visio).
* Experience in interacting with business partners at the line level and management position.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...