SmartLabs is a new approach to providing research scientists with an on-demand, pharma-grade research environment to accelerate scientific discovery and therapeutic commercialization. From newly funded startups to international groups, SmartLabs supports companies as they reach critical milestones. Whether they have one employee or 60, our members look to be part of the major life-science hubs and we get them up and running in just weeks.
Our goal at SmartLabs is to minimize any administrative and logistical hurdles these clients face on their way to reaching important research milestones. We provide a turnkey laboratory environment that allows them to focus on scientific discovery from day one. Our staff provides a wide range of skillsets in management, facilities support, operations, administration and many other key functions. If you are an innovative and collaborative professional, come join us!
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Facilities Manager will oversee the daily facilities operation of the building to ensure the functional capability of the space, be responsible for managing subcontractors, coordinate with other site staff and conducting repairs and maintenance.
Provide general facilities support & oversee physical maintenance of building
- Oversee multiple types of technical services associated with the facilities management, assessing and successfully resolving any issues that may arise without disruption to business operations.
- Provide general facility support by fulfilling routine light maintenance work orders; such as room set up, moving office equipment and furniture or repairs.
- Oversee third-party service providers who are responsible for ongoing, day-to-day management of the facility.
- Develop site-specific work procedures and processes to manage the grounds, maintenance, and other assigned areas like mail and package services.
- Monitor and assess the building facilities regularly by conducting facilities inspections and following proper procedures to ensure company and legal safety regulations are met.
- Manage and coordinate with outside vendor personnel to assure;
- Delivery of nitrogen, CO2 and other gases, such as liquid nitrogen tanks.
- Cleaning schedule is met, especially when additional or special requirements are requested by tenants.
- Manage lab coat and towel services.
- Assist staff and members in facilities-related tasks as needed.
Support planning and execution of renovation projects
- Manage the day-to-day activities for the renovations of the building, when required.
- Work with the external construction vendors and Project Managers to ensure construction deadlines are met.
- Maintain records, report on status of projects and ongoing maintenance work.
- Ensure the building remains functional, safe and meet the SmartLabs standards during renovations.
- Support lab and office build out for new tenants when required.
Compliance & records keeping
- Coordinate with local, state, and federal building inspectors for code compliance for safety, fire, security, access, and egress laws. Work with code provisions, inspectors, and safety personnel to assure compliance.
- Reviewing and approving maintenance, repair, engineering and utility invoices for cost, allocation, account coding, amount and completion of work performed by contractors.
- Maintain building inventory, as well as facilities equipment ensuring the equipment is safe and operable.
- Keep records of any equipment or supplies that need to be replaced, as well as respond to work orders.
- High school degree, and some college experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Electrical, mechanical, plumbing or HVAC/refrigeration training is required.
- Project management training desirable.
- Facilities training credentials such as:
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM)
- Maintenance or engineering certification in: electrical, mechanical, fire, plumbing or civil engineering
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- Professional Engineer (PE)
Knowledge & Experience
- Professional facilities experience, preferably at a life sciences company or environment.
- The ability to lift 50+ pounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Ability to read and understand building plans and specifications.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Client service oriented attitude.
- Negotiation and problem solving skills, good judgment, and ability to exercise discretion.
- Ability to influence others for which there is no direct reporting relationship.
- Highly resourceful team-player, while extremely effective independently.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead by example, establishing clear expectations and setting directions and priorities while ensuring that work levels are balanced among all staff and resolving internal issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Establishes and adheres to department budget; seeking opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce expenses by streamlining operations.
- Amazing paid time off and paid sick time!
- SmartLabs will cover all your monthly premium costs for Medical, Dental and Vision insurances for you and your family.
- SmartLabs will pay for your life insurance.
- SmartLabs will also provide you with a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) of up to $6,750 per year for your family and your health expenses.
- SmartLabs provides its employees with a 401k platform where you will be able to transfer any funds you have or start saving for your retirement.
- Paid Parental leave up to 16 weeks over the first 24 weeks of a newborn baby or an adopted child.
- Snacks, Thursday's Happy hour, Bio-Tech Tuesdays and many other fun activities!!
Associated topics: business, community, corporate, facilities, luxury, manage, management, manager, manager iii, manager iv