Government Affairs Executive
Compensation: $115,940.00 - $161,770.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Government Affairs Executive (GA) is a member of the US Public Sector Team. In that role, the GA Executive engages NY State and Local Governments on business and related procurement policy priorities.
- Develops and maintains relationships with government officials to advocate for a range of SAS business matters, which include company procurement priorities, particularly with respect to current and future government contracts.
- Communicates with relevant legislative and council Committees on programs and initiatives important to SAS US Public Sector market engagements and company strategic imperatives which currently include AI, Machine Learning, and Analytics.
- Specifically on strategic imperatives, the GA executive positions SAS? innovation and thought leadership, including legislation, hearings, special events and communications channels.
- Interacts with New York State and local agencies on policies and practices of importance to the public sector businesses.
- Builds customer networks, especially with C-levels and senior executives.
- Develops and manages strong and effective working relationships with key decision makers, influencers, engineers and business development contacts at targeted System Integrators, especially those that span AE territories.
- Gains preference for SAS among top integrators, using program managers, capture leads, centers of excellence, and matrixed analytic groups.
- Tracks long-term programs (18 mo. +) and establishes awareness and preference for SAS solutions.
- Assists AEs with proposal responses.
- Participates in Government Organizations (AUSA, AFCEA, NDIA, etc.) and attends industry functions to promote SAS and identify new opportunities for Account Executives.
- Identifies and develops new opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Identifies opportunities for business expansion, and develops and manages relationships in strategic markets and accounts that further business development activity.
- Works with marketing, sales and R&D groups to translate business development strategy into specific initiatives.
- Develops strategic direction from market information and creates compelling proposals that effectively differentiate SAS from our competitors.
- Analyzes industry trends and other market information to identify opportunities.
- As an experienced business leader, identifies and communicates areas for improved sales practices and processes.
- Proactively communicates domain knowledge to sales colleagues and other non-technical sales functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS offerings.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with Institute and/or regional or national strategic plans; may recommend specific customers and business partners to promote Institute's sales and marketing initiatives.
- Serves as a high level strategist to management in the development of criteria for customer or business partner relationship management programs.
- Creates demand generation and customer or business partner relationship management programs from content design through implementation and results tracking to ensure that objectives are met.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers and/or business partners at the highest levels of management.
- Provides overall project management and coordination for customer and/or business partner specific initiatives. Directs internal Institute resources, including pre- sales and post-sales services, contracts, and/or partner relationships.
- Serves as a resource for Sales and Marketing account teams in all aspects of territory management.
- Conducts extensive follow- up with customers and/or business partners to track and uncover additional business opportunities.
- Keeps abreast of new company product development and marketing strategies; relates technical concepts to SAS software applications and user needs.
- Works closely with Institute's sales and marketing management and staff to ensure that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Serves as a resource to staff and management to recommend general direction and structure to implement activities associated with related projects and initiatives.
- Makes recommendations to executive levels of management with respect to the negotiation of complex business matters.
- Maintains close relationship with marketing and R&D, as well as partner program categories, to ensure consistent message and communication to customers and/or business partners.
- Serves as a high-level strategist to management recommending general direction and structure on development projects and initiates.
- May mentor other Business Development Specialists as needed.
- Works closely with Institute staff to leverage corporate events whenever possible.
- May interact with press to promote local presence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of sales and product marketing techniques, business partner relationship development strategies, or technical functions within the technology industry and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to work effectively in teams
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept. / peer review). Level at which career may plateau.
Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS or other relevant discipline.
Typically requires eight years of experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry (including related products and services). Experience in a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment may be substituted for experience in the technology industry.
Directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience may be considered in place of the above requirements.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency?
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.?Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.?SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn??
Associated topics: foreign affairs, government, legislative, policy, political science, politics, public affairs, rights
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...