Ruby s Caf and Dudley s are seeking an experienced Kitchen Manager. Reporting directly to the group Culinary Director and Operations Manager, the Kitchen Manager will be responsible to oversee the daily kitchen operations and expansion of the brand.
The Kitchen Manager s responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting with all day to day operations of the kitchen, coordinating, supervising, and directing all aspects of food production. The Kitchen manager is expected to employ their culinary and managerial skills to preserve and enrich our guests satisfaction.
Candidates should be experienced cooks that are eager to learn, dedicated, energetic, hardworking and reliable. An acute attention to detail, organization and a passion for the industry are a must.
- Understanding of all fundamental cooking techniques.
- Educated in all DOH standards
- Acute understanding of restaurant ordering and inventory systems
- Understand and withhold positive relations with vendors
- Uphold and conduct DOH standards within the restaurant on a daily basis
- Clean and organized
- Mature, responsible, and professional attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Open availability
- Complete preparation of M.E.P as instructed
- Understand the functional administration of the restaurant, i.e., ticket procedures, stations, table numbers, food labeling etc
- Knowledge of the full menu
- To work as part of the wider restaurant team
- Teach and training BOH staff
- Adherence to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs
- To expedite maintenance issues to the relevant parties
- All food prepared to specification
- Tasks completed in good time
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays based on demand
- Must be comfortable with food and labor costing, menu development, and training.
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Proficient in the Spanish language
- Communicate all direction from Culinary Director to all cooks, prep, dishwashers and porters.
- Pace the service of the kitchen, and be aware of all special needs.
- Work with the FOH management to ensure all guest satisfaction.
- Be aware of any conflicts between staff and work to solve these problems.
More detail about Ruby's Cafe, please visit
Associated topics: day shift manager, deli manager, director, food service supervisor, general manager, grocery store manager, manager, operations manager, restaurant manager, shift manager