- Robert Half
1 Pearl St
Robert Half Technology is currently looking for an ambitious Sr. Database Architect with experience to join a rapidly-growing company. The role of Sr. Database Architect places you in the throws of database architecture from beginning to end, giving you the responsibility of designing, building, and developing systems. Candidates must be experts on query writing and have a passion for operational development. This Sr. Database Architect position is a full-time employment opportunity located in the Montpelier, Vermont area.
What you get to do every single day
- Drive the development and deployment of the enterprise?s data and analytics strategy and platforms. Lead strategy definition, tool/platform evaluation and product decisions of data and analytics products to enable our business
- Provide strategic recommendations to maximize the value of information assets via their creation, access, and use by partnering with business unit leadership.
- Foster value creation using the organization?s data assets and external data ecosystem.
- Aid value creation through data exploitation, envisioning data-enabled strategies, and enable all forms of business outcomes through analytics, data and analytics governance, and enterprise information policy.
- Enable effective data and analytics governance. Assist leadership in developing data and information governance processes and structures and operationalizing them.
- Enable enterprise information management by prioritizing and executing data and analytic initiatives with clear line of sight to enterprise strategies and business outcomes.
- Aid in the analysis of data and analytics security requirements and solutions. Work with the security team to ensure that enterprise data and analytics assets are treated as protected assets.
- Record how data is moved around the ?virtual? enterprise, including frequency of movement, source and destination of each step, transformation, and any aggregation or calculations.
- Work with the business and application designers to identify and model integrative views of data and determine the quality of service requirements (data currency, availability, response times, and data volumes).
- Define technical standards and guidelines while encouraging reuse of existing data stores, and addressing issues of security, timeliness, and quality.
- Provide guidelines for reuse of data and ensure that the architecture management processes include the assessment of all proposals to create new data stores.
- Manage related metadata to include business descriptions of the data, details of any calculations and summaries, descriptions of the sources, and indications of data quality and currency.
- Communicate the benefits of the enterprise data architecture to various stakeholders in order to focus on meeting business and IT needs while assisting developers in the use of architecture.
Contact ...@rht.com for more information!
- Previous experience working as a Database Developer or a related role
- Knowledge of common issues with database operations
- Proficiency in Oracle
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Comprehensive knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- XML experience
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people ? it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-###-#### to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
? 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
**Location:** Montpelier, VT
**Date Posted:** Thu, 27 Jun 2019
**Employment Type:** Permanent
**Job Reference:** 02600-#######689
**Staffing Area:** Technology
Associated topics: back end, c, develop, devops, expert, java, matlab, php, project architect, senior software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...