You'll be best for this position if you're a creative technical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to communicate to diverse audiences. You might be the Systems Engineer Robert Half Technology is looking for if you fit that description! Apply today! Our Systems Engineer full-time should be a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client's network and wireless infrastructure. This long-term temporary employment opportunity is based in the Boston, Massachusetts area. Submit an application today!
What you get to do every single day
- Assist with 2nd and 3rd level support
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Supervise and track all installed systems and infrastructure
- Observe and verify application performance for potential bottlenecks, mark possible solutions, and join with developers to instrument those fixes
- Be actively involved to assure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Hold up redundancy strategies, backup, and security
- Communicate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Write down and keep up custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Be involved the design of information and operational support systems - You'll be a good fit for this position if you have experience with monitoring systems
- If you have proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems, you will be strongly preferred for this position
- If you're looking for job openings and have solid networking knowledge, you might be a good fit for this position
- If you're looking for job openings and have solid scripting skills, you might be a good fit for this position
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks is required for success at this position
- Experience with automation software is required for success at this position
- General familiarity with GIT
- Deep understanding of UNIX
- Linux experience preferred
- Adeptness in DNS
- TCP/IP experience
- MySQL experience
- Practical knowledge of NoSQL
- System Engineering experience desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of virtualization
- Experience with virtualization and containerization is required for success at this position
- 7+ years of relevant experience
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-###-#### to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Associated topics: ip, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.