Financial Markets Senior Associate - LIBOR
Compensation: $134,386.67 - $157,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
A career within Financial Markets Business Advisory services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of audit, regulatory, valuation, and financial analyses services to design solutions that address our clients' complex accounting and financial reporting challenges, as well as their broader business issues.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
* Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
* Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
* Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
* Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
* Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
* Share relevant thought leadership.
* Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
* Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
* Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
A credential must be obtained prior to being promoted to Manager. CPA Exam, Level 1 of the CFA exam, a State Appraiser Trainee License, CHA exam or Completion of all Certified Commercial Investment Manager (CCIM) courses, exams, and the related ethics exam, enrolled agent.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Management Information Systems & Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Engineering and Business, Real Estate
Additional Educational Preferences:
A Juris Doctorate, PhD, MBA or a Master degree in Finance, Tax, Quantitative Statistics, Financial Engineering, Economics may also be considered.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in financial issues, capital markets and product life cycle; knowledge which will be enhanced by working on various client engagements and assignments related to complex financial issuing, investing in or trading financial instruments. Candidates who have experience working with financial products that use LIBOR as a reference rate are desired.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in financial products and issues that both issuers and investors face as markets evolve over time including the following areas:
* Applying accounting, tax and regulatory standards to complex financial instruments;
* Assisting clients with their understanding of complex financial structures prior to the issuance of securitizations and assisting related parties, underwriters, attorneys, etc.;
* Performing valuation analysis of financial instruments and structured products;
* Assessing the reasonableness of valuations and financial models prepared by others; and,
* Creating independent financial models to project collateral and bond cash-flows for various debt types and related securitizations, including asset backed securities, mortgage backed securities, and collateralized loan obligations.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, including the following areas:
* Researching and analyzing clients, industry, and financial matters, while demonstrating technical and analytical skills;
* Utilizing industry software, e.g. INTEX, TREPP, Bloomberg, CapIQ, or, advanced Excel modeling;
* Applying accounting treatments of financial products and securitizations held by financial institutions, including familiarity with regulatory requirements related to securitization; and,
* Communicating effectively, both written and verbally, within a professional services business environment.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader:
* Participating in client discussions and meetings;
* Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; and,
* Being agile in a changing environment while managing engagements, including preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
* Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
* Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients; and utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in understanding business processes;
* Designing and implementing practical solutions to complex problems that draw on their industry and functional skills, robust team capabilities, and unconventional thinking;
* Quantifying LIBOR financial exposures, understanding key differences between LIBOR and alternative reference rates;
* Understanding the potential extent of value transfer as a result of transitioning from LIBOR to an alternative rate; and,
* Analyzing the impact of the LIBOR transition on financial models, transaction systems, contract terms and conditions, and accounting and tax policies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: broker dealer, buy, capital, equity, fiduciary, ira, investor, risk, sell, s p
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...