Sr Manager, Tax - Information Reporting
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
* DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
* DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
* NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
Subject matter expert who ensures the overall implementation of and holistic compliance with US tax documentation, information reporting and withholding tax rules and processes (including FATCA, CRS and 1099).
* Provides advice on operational impact and implementation of tax legislation and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) guidance as it relates to information reporting and monitors and determines the effectiveness of relevant systems and procedures through pro-active assurance monitoring.
* Provide pro-active advice and support to relevant business and operational units to ensure they are aware of, understand, and are applying existing rules, new and amended tax legislation and IRS guidance relating to US tax documentation, information reporting and withholding tax.
* Ensure relevant business and operational units understand and implement, as appropriate, any necessary operational system and procedure modifications or additions for new product offerings.
* Provide recommendations, as appropriate, for upgrades, modifications, mergers with other systems, development of new systems, and integrate new business units created internally or acquired.
* Assist in the analysis, development, transfer, and implementation of US tax documentation implementation of US tax documentation, information reporting and withholding tax rules; ensure rules are followed and applicable systems and procedures are compliant.
* Propose, design and/or develop systems, standards, and operational procedures (manual and automated) to implement such rules.
* Coordinate with compliance on the filing information returns, as appropriate. Determine the completeness of information return filings, assess training needs and implement changes, as necessary.
* Support internal personnel with responses to Internal Revenue Service notices, assessments, and requests for information and, under supervision of the Director of Indirect Tax.
* Manage IRS and other (State and foreign jurisdictions) information reporting audits.
* Establish and undertake a pro-active assurance program to assess the overall effectiveness and efficiency of information reporting systems and policies and procedures currently in place.
* Ensure discovered deficiencies of internal audit examinations are corrected in a timely fashion.
New York, New York, United States of America
Juris Doctorate or Equivalent: Tax (Required)
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at ...@paypal.com.
Loading some great jobs for you...