Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This position is responsible for providing administrative assistance and surgical scheduling support. This position would work in our Boston, Danvers, and Cambridge offices.
Candidates for this position should have:
- An Associate s degree or significant relevant experience; a Bachelor s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of four years of experience in high volume professional/medical environment preferred.
- Experience in customer support and services.
- Team orientation in order to work effectively internally and externally on behalf of OCB.
- Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to be flexible with changing work based on need on a regular, continuous basis.
- Excellent communication skills, tact and diplomacy, as well as skill in organizing, planning and prioritizing.
- Knowledge of OCB organizational policies, procedures, and systems is preferred.
- Provides a high level of administrative support.
- Maintains control of and orchestrates physician s surgical schedule, patient care days and meetings. Communicates with patients to discuss procedures, lab work and physicals necessary, consent forms etc. and reports questions to physician.
- Schedules procedures at appropriate surgery facilities when applicable.
- Functions as a resource to patients through verbal and written communication. Handles a high volume of patient calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Health & Dental Insurance- eligible 1st Day of Employment
- Paid time off and Paid Holidays
- Health & Dependent Reimbursement Accounts
- 401(k) Plan with Company Contribution
- Co. paid Life and LTD Insurance
- Employee Discounts
To find out more about OCB, please visit our website at www.eyeboston.com. OCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.