2020 Summer Player Health & Safety Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
NFL Summer Internship Program participants have the opportunity to contribute to the organization's success while receiving an unmatched, behind-the-scenes learning experience. Though interns work within specific departments, they are able to explore all aspects of the business of professional football through challenging project assignments, speaker presentations, mentoring relationships, and networking opportunities.
The summer program covers a minimum of 8 weeks, from Monday, June 8, 2020 through Friday, July 31, 2020. Please note that some departments may require their interns to work up to two weeks past the official end date. Interns will be required to work five (5) full days (approximately 40 hours) per week. Interns will be paid an hourly rate for their work. Neither housing nor relocation assistance is provided for Summer Internship Program Participants.
Applications must be submitted no later than Sunday, December 1 , 2019 at 11:59 PM EST. No exceptions will be made for those who miss the application deadline.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are not selected, you will receive an email notification. Please do not contact the NFL regarding the status of your application.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The NFL is committed to advancing progress in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of sports-related injuries. As part of the NFL's ongoing health and safety efforts, in September 2016, Commissioner Goodell launched Play Smart. Play Safe. - a league-wide health and safety initiative. At the heart of the initiative is a pledge of $100 million in support for independent medical research and engineering advancements and a commitment to work to better protect our players and make our game safer, including enhancements to medical protocols and improvements to how our game is taught and played.
The Player Health and Safety team is looking for an intern to support their work including:
* Assist on-site and in preparation for Player Health & Safety meetings and events
* Support the NFL's Player Health & Safety innovation platform, including NFL 1st and Future
* Assist with gameday medical staff programs, including the Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant (UNC) and Athletic Trainer Spotter (ATC) programs
* Coordinate and attend weekly department meetings
* Prepare PowerPoint presentations and other external and internal communications
* Rising Undergraduate Senior currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree
* Must have completed a minimum of three years in an accredited four-year college / university degree program
* A minimum GPA of at least 3.0. Academic transcripts (official or unofficial) will be requested
* Strong writing and research capabilities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
* High attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
* Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Some prior internship and/or work experience is preferred
* Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States and international students must have all visas and employment authorizations prior to the start of the internship
* Completion of this application assumes eligibility to work in the United States
Associated topics: aseptic, aseptic technique, biopharmaceutical, dietary, industrial hygienist, medicine, patient, pharmacometrics, protein, transfection
Loading some great jobs for you...