Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) - BSK Symptom Care Clinic and
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) - BSK Symptom Care Clinic and MSK Affiliate Hospitalist APP (Overlook Medical Center)
We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) to provide comprehensive care in the Symptom Care Clinic & as a liaison for MSK patients in an affiliated Hospital to meet the medical and psychosocial needs of our patients, implement continuity of care, and participate in research necessary to establish exemplary, evidence-based care.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will join a team of over 800 NPs and PAs across MSK who are dedicated to delivering compassionate, expert and comprehensive cancer care to patients and families, supporting the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution and department.
* A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
* Driven individual who will utilize innovative strategies to promote and grow MSK partnership with Affiliated hospitals
* Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
* Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
* Effective at gaining the support and commitment of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
* Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
* Collaborate with MSK and its affiliated hospital physicians and healthcare team members
* In SCC, provide direct comprehensive care to medical and surgical oncology patients
* In Affiliated hospital, be a liaison for MSK patients working with collaborating providers at the Affiliated hospital to ensure communication and continuity of care
* Meet the medical needs of patients
* Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum
* Participate in medical emergency response at MSK regional sites
Qualifications needed for a PA candidate are:
* Graduate from an accredited PA program
* NCCPA certification
* Active NJ and NY licenses or eligible to obtain both
* A minimum of 2 years of related experience is preferredBLS / ACLS certified
Qualifications needed for an NP candidate are:
* Active NJ and NY Advanced Practice Nursing licenses/registrations or eligible to obtain both
* Master's degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges (or eligibility)
* 3+ years of related clinical experience
* Related National NP certification
* BLS / ACLS certified
Hours: Flex 12 hours (including weekends)#LI-TA1
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Associated topics: associate, bilingual, certified nurse midwife, clinic, community, gerontological nurse practitioner, midwife, nursing assistant cna, nurse practitioner, splst
Loading some great jobs for you...