Underwriting Support Assistant - New York
Compensation: $96,570.00 - $157,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Loading some great jobs for you...
What we look for
Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength. Our employees provide the highest level of
customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in the global marketplace.
The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our competitors. It's our core value which should underpin how we do business, while influencing our behavior and performance. We are looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from you.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform various clerical functions. This position requires good organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and accuracy while handling a high volume of tasks that relate to the clearance, entry, and assignment of submissions. This associate works under direct supervision following standard processing procedures.
* Serve as point of contact for agents/brokers by gathering information on behalf of the underwriters, answering questions, resolving low complexity issues, facilitating overall serving of accounts and processing business transactions not requiring review/signoff by an underwriter.
* Take necessary measures to obtain information needed to finalize inquiries/transactions and maintain a suspense and follow-up system for outstanding underwriting items.
* Ensure accuracy of information inputted into all appropriate systems and verify that all necessary documentation is in the file.
* Routinely communicate with team members, agents/brokers and other key business partners to research and gather necessary information to review, analyze and complete transactions.
* Utilize and adhere to internal guidelines, procedures and service standards to ensure that all assigned work/transactions are processed in a timely manner (yet accurately) and meet compliance standards.
* Participate in problem solving activities to define problems, identify root causes, design and test solutions, implement solutions, and utilizes continuous improvement methodologies to improve processes & procedures in an effort to work more efficiently & effectively and permanently eliminate problems.
* Under Underwriter direction, attached appropriate forms and makes policy changes as requested.
* Establish, support, and maintain effective relationships and/or regular contact with clients and build strong relationships with employees across the organization.
* Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned to assure efficient operation of the team, customer needs are met, and business results are achieved.
"Why work for us?"
Diversity and inclusion
Markel is truly a global and diverse company. We believe that diversity makes us better business partners and that embracing people's differences can bring amazing results and fuel innovation. We have a portfolio of businesses and product lines that operate around the world.
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors
Markel is committed to creating the best work environment. Our open-door policy is essential in recognizing business issues as they rise and to address the changing needs of our diverse and global workforce. Challenging management is a component of the Markel Style-some of our best ideas start from a conversation between a manager and an employee.
As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for a better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further success to Markel.
Associated topics: underwriter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...