Under the direction of the General Manager, the Restaurant Manager is responsible for overseeing the efficient and effective operation of the restaurant.
- Uphold Jean-Georges Management Values and Mission Statement while performing positional responsibilities and adhering to the company policies and procedures, as stated in Employee Handbook.
- Demonstrate and promote our Restaurant culture, always positively representing the Company.
- Ensures that service is carried out in accordance with established policy.
- Supervises personnel according to established personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists in training and evaluating all dining room personnel and enforces food and beverage policies and procedures.
- Assist beverage manager in training and implementation of beverage program, inventory and product ordering procedures, complete processing and procedures.
- Ensures sanitation compliance throughout restaurant.
- Handles customer complaints.
- Promotes positive public / employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Promote teamwork within the restaurant, creating a positive work environment.
- Treat every customer, employee and vendor with respect and dignity.
- Ensure the highest levels of organization are maintained in the dining room and bar at all times, without exception.
- Learn basic MICROS/ALOHA troubleshooting techniques.
- Call MICROS/ALOHA support when necessary.
- Document and file departmental attendance, staff warnings, suspensions and terminations in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Perform other job-related activities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Proficient in all aspects of dining service
- Knowledge of food and beverage as well as a passion to cultivate this skill
- Minimal experience with cost control systems to include food, beverage and labor percentages
- Effective style of management promoting a team atmosphere
- Ability to inspire staff to achieve their potential
- Basic understanding of food handling and sanitation requirements of the New York State Department of Health
- May be required to lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Possess a proven track record for guest satisfaction
- Displays a pleasant and cheerful disposition, is a leader and is able to motivate staff members. Must maintain a high level of integrity.
- Is able to adapt in difficult situations, solve problems and make decisions when necessary.
- Shows an eagerness and capacity to learn.
- Can be relied upon to complete tasks.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma, College degree preferred.
- Three years prior front of the house experience in a high-volume establishment.
- Previous supervisory experience in a New York City dining establishment preferred.
- Experience in various capacities of restaurant staff (id: waiter, host, bartender, runner, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Participation in wine/beverage related program within the past five years preferred
- May be required to lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Available to work late nights, holidays and long days as necessary.
Jean-Georges Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity
More detail about Jean-Georges Management part of Restaurants by Jean-Georges, please visit