- Jean-Georges Management
- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
19 W Houston St
Jean-Georges is seeking Pastry Cooks for his Upper East Side restaurant The Mark by Jean-Georges, located in The Mark Hotel. If you are passionate about cooking and want to be part of a great team with amazing potential for growth, Apply Here! This is your perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level!
- Culinary degree preferred, with 1 year of pastry work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Total understanding of proper pastry methods, techniques and standards.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and holidays
Responsibilities (these are not all inclusive):
- Prepares and cooks all kinds of cakes, pies, puddings, custards and desserts according to recipes of all kitchen sub-sections.
- Mixes, kneads and shapes dough to make pies, cakes, cookies and other pastries.
- Prepares all a la carte and special desserts during service hours.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate Superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
- Reports for duty punctually.
- Maintains a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Undertakes any reasonable task and secondary duties as assigned by Superiors.
More detail about Jean-Georges Management part of Restaurants by Jean-Georges, please visit
Associated topics: cafe, chef, corporate kitchen, culinary, deli chef, executive kitchen, pastry chef, salad chef, service manager, sushi chef
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.