- Jean-Georges Management
- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
19 W Houston St
Seeking Pastry Chef for our Upper East Side Restaurant The Mark by Jean-Georges
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Executive Chef, the Pastry Chef will assist the preparation and service of all Pastries & Bakeries in the Kitchen.
- A minimum of 1 yr. managerial experience within a pastry department.
- Total understanding of proper pastry methods, techniques and standards.
- Culinary degree preferred.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (These are not all-inclusive):
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists Executive Chef in planning Pastry menus; considers availability of raw food and ingredients, availability of skill required in preparing new menus, style and standards of the restaurant.
- Check function sheets and sees to it that all food items for banquets and special function are prepared on time and meet quality standards.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of all cakes, cookies, ice creams, desserts and other food items prepared in the pastry and bakery.
- Designs and prepares show pieces and other decorations which may be assigned.
- Checks and controls pastry items before they are received by the stores (flour, sugar, jam, chocolate etc) making sure that they are within the accepted minimum/maximum par stock.
- Prepares time schedules for his section.
- Ensures that there is an adequate supply of pastries at all times.
- Ensures the Hygiene and sanitation are observed in the pastry area and tools and equipment are handled, maintained and used properly.
- Ensure all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets are filled as required.
- Minimize wastage/ spoilage.
- Maintain consistent on the job training sessions for culinary colleagues.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.
- Undertake any reasonable task and secondary duties as assigned by the Executive Chef and/or General Manager.
Please send resumeand tell us why you are right for the job.
Look forward to hearing from you!
More detail about Jean-Georges Management part of Restaurants by Jean-Georges, please visit
Associated topics: baker, commercial kitchen, corporate, culinary school, executive chef, salad chef, service, sous, sushi, tavern
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.