It is the mission and intent of this position that the Jean-Georges Management Executive Pastry Chef will take full responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of pastry food production operations and maintain standards within budget and culinary areas. The Executive Pastry Chef will provide support and knowledge during current and future development projects. He/she will also assist in managing food and cost control as well as l provide support to existing locations when needed.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities (these are not all-inclusive):
- Lead and provide essential vision to the Pastry operation
- Travel as needed to assist with development, training and menu changes
- Support Pastry Chefs and Pastry Sous Chefs at each location during vacations, when possible
- Assist in food development when appropriate
- Assist, coordinate and supervise all seasonal menu planning and implementation
- Ensure food standards and presentation are maintained and always improved
- Be responsible for training of all Pastry staff
- Constantly strive to improve operating procedures
- Be responsible for and accountable for the departmental operating budget
- Find ways to improve operational efficiency that will benefit our guests; report recommendations
- Find methods of reducing costs without affecting the level of service or product received by the guests
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Executive team
- Two-year Culinary degree or Apprenticeship
- Up to date Sanitation Classes
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a fine dining setting
- Minimum of three years Management experience in a hotel/restaurant
- Thorough knowledge of Pastry methods
- Working knowledge of mathematics for recipes, ordering, and financial research purposes
- Ability to dictate responsibility, pay attention to detail, handle multiple tasks and show a high level of patience
- Must be excellent at follow-through
- Willing to travel
- Hotel & Restaurant experience within a Pastry department a must
- Must be very creative- Showstopper desserts!!
To apply, please send resume and tell us why you are the right candidate for the job. Only serious inquiries. Attachments that cannot be opened will not be considered.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Jean-Georges Management is built on a powerful culinary foundation and has evolved into a reputable and award-winning restaurant group. From inception, Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten placed emphasis on the importance of providing the very best in culinary and tailored hospitality, which has resulted in the success of an acclaimed constellation of international restaurants. With over 25 restaurants located in 5 countries, we continuously strive towards excellence and rely on the support of our culinary and hospitality team members to contribute to our worldwide operations.
\"Jean-Georges Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity.\"
More detail about Jean-Georges Management part of Restaurants by Jean-Georges, please visit
Associated topics: chief chef, commercial kitchen, culinary school, deli chef, head chef, pastry chef, restaurant chef, salad chef, service, sushi chef