Senior Managing Consultant, Climate Resilience
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
ICF is seeking a climate resilience expert to support our broad portfolio of work on climate adaptation and resilience. The consultant will support our work enhancing the resilience of water, energy and transportation systems, other critical infrastructure, and the vital societal and natural elements that make our communities whole. Our world-class analyses are based in rigorous science, clearly communicated to enable proactive planning and implementation of resilience solutions.
The individual chosen for this position will provide project management skills to keeping projects on track, and technical expertise related to the incorporation of climate information into sector and systems problem analysis, leading multi-disciplinary teams of experts on multiple short- and long-term projects primarily within the climate adaptation and resilience practice. The preferred location for this position is New York City.
* Direct research and analysis on climate change impacts and adaptation projects, including assessment of risks and development, delivery, and assessment of adaptation options
* Prepare presentations, reports, memoranda, and other communication materials for clients, external publications, and internal staff
* Work with teams to prepare high-quality materials for submission to public and private sector clients
* Quantitative problem-solving and data collection and analysis
* Resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
* Plan and manage schedules and budgets for a project
* Develop needs for existing clients, develop ideas for new business, and contribute in other ways to the growth of ICF's climate change and sustainability practice
* Master's Degree in Engineering or related field
* 8+ of specific subject area work experience
* Experience working on climate change, climate policy, and/or transportation planning projects
* Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
* Strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
* Strong client relationships and contacts, particularly with federal, state, and local transportation agencies
* Experience in policy and program development, including facilitation of multi-stakeholder groups
* Experience managing large federal and/or state and local contracts
* Demonstrates trustworthiness and upholds the highest ethical standards
* Identifies and collects the information needed to solve a problem effectively
* Identifies and meets the needs of clients within established guidelines
* Checks for alignment between client expectations and ICF deliverables
* Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals
* Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email ...@icf.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email ...@icf.comand we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York, NY (NY18)
Loading some great jobs for you...