School Age Teacher
Compensation: $72,355.00 - $127,010.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
Plan and direct operations of an assigned classroom to ensure Hot Spots Extended Care Program mission, vision and values are upheld, and children are provided with a developmentally age appropriate learning environment. Provide support and direction to Assistant School Age Teacher.
- Provides a welcoming and friendly environment for all children, parents, visitors and school family.
- Promotes teamwork and enthusiasm fostering a commitment to HSECP mission, vision, and values.
- Pursues continuous self-development through trainings and continuing education classes.
- Coaches and develops students and co-workers through modeling of behaviors that meet the HSECP standard.
- Attends all team meetings, trainings, and events as requested; limits unscheduled absences.
- Supports accountability culture and maintains it through peer leadership.
- Provides support and direction to coworkers to ensure the classroom functions in an orderly manner.
- Creates an exceptional parent/child experience through anticipation of customer needs.
- Ensures brand standards are maintained through seasonal and child directed classroom displays.
- Presents a positive and professional image at all times adhering to uniform requirements.
- Ensures classroom is consistently clean, neat and organized and meets visual execution standards.
- Leads change through demonstrating personal flexibility, adaptability, and resilience in all aspects of their role.
- Maintains a professional appearance and attitude in all written and verbal communications.
- Manages classroom ensuring compliance with all OCC regulations, company standards, policies and procedures.
- Fosters open communication with parents, e.g., greeting by name, addressing concerns in a timely manner, giving positive feedback, and providing regular updates on their childs development and classroom happenings.
- Creates and implements thorough, timely lesson plans that are age appropriate and stimulating in accordance with weekly themes and HSECP curriculum.
- Assists and supervises children during all activities; counsels children as needed using positive and appropriate discipline techniques.
- Accurately completes all classroom paperwork, e.g., Daily Reports, Accident Reports, and Attendance Records.
- Maintains open and effective communication with the School Age Assistant and Program Directors.
- Prepares and delivers positive Parent/Teacher Conferences.
- Maintains certification requirements (Twelve Continuing Education Credits per year).
- Maintains confidentiality regarding families, co-workers and self.
- Transports children in the HSECP van as needed.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The job requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, lifting and carrying; ability to lift 50 pounds.
Associated topics: college, faculty, gs 1702, paraeducator, professor, school, special education, substitute teacher, teacher, tutor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...