Compensation: $75,730.00 - $120,660.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
Loading some great jobs for you...
Fullstack Academy?is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Goldman Sachs. In late 2018, New York City selected Fullstack to build a world-class cybersecurity bootcamp, as part of its $100M Cyber NYC initiative. The bootcamp will be called the Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp, and will open its doors in June 2019. You can read more about the cyber bootcamp on its website at cyber.fullstackacademy.com and in some of the news coverage it has received. In April 2019, Fullstack Academy was acquired by Zovio, a public Ed Tech company, and will be significantly scaling its operations.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience"?is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We are looking for a Recruiter who is passionate about tech, education and helping to build the team training the next generation of software engineers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Technical Recruiter you will own the full recruitment experience at Fullstack Academy and be an ambassador for our company brand and culture. Partnering with FSA?s business units you will be a subject matter expert in our product and programs and will engage and translate these elements into exciting opportunities for potential candidates. With deep technical knowledge, you will recruit candidates across all levels, end-to-end and think about ways to ?level up? our candidate experience from start to finish. With a curiosity for software engineering and web dev and a keen network, you will help us find critical talent from under-represented communities in tech.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters and reports to our Vice President of People Operations.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of Fullstack?s culture, products, strategic direction, and competitors, and use this knowledge to craft compelling messaging to potential candidates
- Learn about and represent the different internal teams at Fullstack Academy, using this knowledge to write effective job descriptions, craft recruitment strategies, and communicate with candidates
- Proactively source technical candidates through a variety of methods, building a consistent pipeline of talent for high priority and hard-to-fill positions
- Manage an efficient, full-cycle recruitment process to meet hiring needs for multiple teams (phone screens, on-site interviews, negotiation and closing offers, etc.)
- Curate an exceptional candidate experience at each point of contact (initial outreach, phone screen, on-site, etc.)
- Proactively source candidates through a variety of methods, building a consistent pipeline of technical talent for high priority and hard-to-fill positions
- Identify talent market-facing collateral (blogs, social media, etc.) to engage and grow the overall technical talent pipeline for Fullstack Academy roles
You are a great candidate for this role if you have:
- 3 - 4 years of experience in recruiting in a technology and/or education organization
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to craft compelling messages for a diverse set of technical audiences (sometimes on the fly by synthesizing candidate work history and aspirations)
- Experience in successfully sourcing technical candidates, particularly for hard-to-find candidates for hard-to-fill roles
- A candidate experience mindset and the desire to innovate in how we recruit
- The ability to abstract work experiences to technical skill sets and align those with the needs of Fullstack?s roles
- A passion for software development, tech education and helping others that inspires excitement about our mission
You are an exceptional candidate for this role if you have:
- An interest in learning topics within our course curriculum
- A desire to work in a fast-moving environment with a high degree of ownership and independence
- Experience building a premium tech or education brand and/or recruiting in a mission-based organization
- Experience integrating employee engagement and/or experience work into a recruiting process
- Proven success in growing pipelines of diverse candidates from underrepresented communities in tech
Associated topics: consultant, headhunter, interview, recruit, recruiter, sourcer, sourcing support, specialist, staffing coordinator, talent acquisition
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...