Coordinates the creation and maintenance of medical records. Analyzes inpatient behavioral health charts for deficiencies.
* Work cooperatively with medical staff and health care professionals to obtain required documentation to accurately and complete medical records to meet regulatory standards * Assemble medical records documentation using standardized chart format to ensure record organization and uniformity.
* Analyze medical information for deficiencies regarding required documentation, signature and entry into system.
* Utilize and maintain tracking tools for deficiencies using Microsoft Excel for weekly distribution.
* Enter patient information into department database files such as MPI and Incomplete Records Desktop.
* Assist in ongoing purge and shifting of medical records.
* Thin and repair thick or damaged files as needed.
* Retrieve and deliver medical records as requested.
* Direct all incoming requests for information to appropriate parties.Handle information requests with courtesy, accuracy, and respect for patient confidentiality.
* Maintain Peer Review process according to the Standard Operating Procedure: identify, pull and distribute medical records for review; update data base with distribution and completion of review; forward review tools to credentialing.
* Assist in retrieving and reviewing charts for clinical and special projects.
* Lift and transport medical records and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds, with or without assistance, using safe body mechanics.
* Participates in department quality assurance activities; assists in the achievement of overall department goals and objectives.
* Maintain departmental auditing tools on a monthly and quarterly basis for ongoing departmental tasks.
* Successfully completes Hospital and department specific orientation and ongoing mandatory education requirements.
* Other duties may be assigned as necessary to the operation of the department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology is required. One year of medical experience required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
Associates degree is preferred.
Associated topics: account, bill, biller, clerk, coding, data entry, front, hospital transcriptionist, receivable, transcription medical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.