Software Engineering Director
Compensation: $151,650.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, and TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states and 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, and Scotland.
At FanDuel we champion the customer and work in empowered streams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experience for our users.
FanDuel Group is looking for an experience and passionate Director of Software Engineering leading our technical teams for our US Sportsbook Retail products. Are you passionate about Quality, building high availability, low-latency scalable software solutions and embedded devices? If your answer is YES then we at FanDuel group have something in common.
As Director of Software Engineering for Sportsbook Retail you will be responsible and accountable for delivery of technology solutions to support our customer centric and customer facing Retail Software Products. You will work with internal and external development teams and technology partners to design, deliver and operate our Retail Sportsbooks solutions.
* Manage multiple software development teams (geographically dispersed) where the overall business opportunity or strategy may not yet be defined.
* Produce and deliver a technical vision with an eye on for Customer satisfaction and security.
* Proactively identify technology gaps and opportunities, mitigate risks created through complexity (technical and regulatory).
* Ensure the right people are in the right job through creating leadership opportunities, hiring, performance management, and generally caring about your team.
* Partner with commercial and product stakeholders to build and balance backlogs and roadmaps for our Casino product.
* To advocate, own and drive predictability through Operational Excellence and transparency through data and KPIs.
* Establishing baseline measures for quality, performance, scale and operational efficacy.
* Responsible for ensuring effective operational support in conjunction with all partners integrated with our IT Operations support organization.
* Liaising with partners and regulatory bodies to establish and follow an effective release process.
* Experience designing and delivering technology solutions for consumer facing ecommerce products in a high energy, ambiguous and scrutinized environment.
* Previous hands-on experience developing web applications, transactional platforms from requirements gathering to delivery and support.
* Experience defining and implementing software delivery best practices, agile delivery methodologies and proven track-record of continuously improving delivery pace while maintaining quality.
* Experience supporting software systems in production including on-call support with a relentless focus on improving the stability, availability and performance of those systems.
* Delivery of technology solutions working with partner development teams via near-shoring/off-shoring or 3rd party development.
What you get in return?
Beyond working with such a great team?
* An exciting environment with opportunities for real growth
* A supportive, trusting and open work environment
* Build innovative products used by a highly passionate user base
* Personal learning and development opportunities.
* Unlimited holiday allowance
* Attractive health insurance plans
* 401K plan
There's more, but we don't want to go on and on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
Associated topics: algorithm, application, backend, c c++, c++, c#, php, sde, software development engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...