Tax Services Manager - Real Estate Tax - New York - FY20
Compensation: $116,140.00 - $201,950.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Handling tax in such a large, sophisticated organization takes more than just a technical understanding of current tax practices. As a Real Estate Tax Manager, we will look to you to apply your knowledge to a wide range of tax areas and processes, devising strategic outcomes to some very complex issues. In return, you can expect the support of some of engaging colleagues, as well as plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it's here you'll find everything you need to grow as we do. It's all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs.
Your key responsibilities
There isn't an average day for a Real Estate Tax Manager - so you're likely to spend your time on a diverse array of tax consulting and compliance projects, responsibilities and tasks. Whatever you're working on, our clients will turn to you for up-to-the-minute tax advice they can always rely on. To make that happen, you'll be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for success
* Analyzing an evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights.
* Identifying potential opportunities and risks and communicating these to our clients.
* Learning and researching current market trends, to maintain your credibility as a trusted advisor
* Building client relationships and demonstrating your knowledge of the real estate, hospitality and construction industry.
* Developing clear, intelligent plans and approaches to improve our clients' tax activities.
* Researching our clients' business operations and building long-lasting relationships to tailor your advice to their specific needs.
* Supervising a motivated team of professionals, guaranteeing they have the skills, knowledge and opportunities to reach their full potential.
To qualify for the role you must have
* A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline.
* A minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
* Professional knowledge in a broad range of real estate tax technical and transaction skills, including partnership taxation, REITs taxation and qualification, partnership allocations, tax compliance, due diligence, acquisition/disposition planning and structuring.
* Experience managing budgets, people and projects.
* A proven record of excellence in a professional services or tax organization.
* Technical writing and research experience in a tax context
* The ability to prioritize when working on multiple complex projects.
* Strong influencing skills, and the confidence to question existing processes.
You'll also have
* CPA qualification, or be a member of a state bar.
What we look for
We're interested in people with initiative who are not afraid to speak up, with a genuine desire to make things better across the business. You'll need strong software skills and the ability to handle complex data from multiple sources. If you're ready to further build on your reputation as a professional advisor, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 22 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...