Accomplished Board Certified Cardiothoracic Surgeon needed in North Central FL
Florida based Regional Medical Center seeks an accomplished Board Certified Cardiothoracic Surgeon.
- Their growing Cardiothoracic Surgery Program presently consists of one cardiothoracic surgeon, one general thoracic surgeon, a cardiothoracic physician assistant, and two cardiovascular perfusionists.
- They perform approximately 250 open heart cases and 160 thoracic cases per year including coronary revascularization, valve repair and replacements.
- Hospital is in the process of building several advanced cardiothoracic surgical programs, including TAVR, minimally invasive and robotic thoracic surgery.
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience and comfort level with complex aortic disease, aortic valve repair and replacement to include complex open and endovascular aortic procedures
- Cardiothoracic surgery, with particular focus on catheter and minimally invasive treatment of heart valve disease, heart failure, and ventricular assist devices as a bridge to transplant or destination therapy
- Marfan syndrome
- Minimally invasive lung surgery
- Knowledge and experience with advanced technologies to reduce the invasiveness of thoracic and cardiovascular procedures
- TAVR experience is preferred
- Located in North Central Florida
Associated topics: cardiology, cardiothoracic, cardiovascular, chf, electrophysiology, failure, heart, interventional, invasive, non interventional