Executive Pastry Chef
2017 World s Best Pastry Chef is looking for talent for his Soho bakery (Dominique Ansel Bakery) and West Village bakery (Dominique Ansel Kitchen)!
Full-time positions are available immediately for: Executive Pastry Chef
You will be working with a top-tier team in a professional and creative environment. This position is perfect for someone who wants to get his/her foot through the door and pursue a long-term career in the F&B industry and pastry. We believe in promoting education among our team and building strong and solid techniques and foundation. You will learn a great deal while here and work directly with Chef Dominique.
- Daily production for all dessert items, including but not limited to viennoiserie, pastries, and ice creams
- Management of a team of 15 to 20 people
- Management of all ordering and acceptance of daily deliveries and ability to keep things within set cost margins with suppliers
- Handles daily scheduling and hours and management of payroll
- Management of interviewing, hiring, training and reviewing of BOH staff
- Work with FOH to establish and meet pars
- Developing and creating dessert menu and recipes with Executive Pastry chef and team, including working on packaging
- Management of organization of kitchen, including organization and cleanliness of dried storage, walk-ins, and dairy fridge
- Daily quality checks of products
- Attend certain outside events and programs with possible travel
- Food cost and Labor cost managment
- Minimum 6 years experience in a restaurant with a focus on pastry, with at least 4 years of having managerial responsibilities
- A genuine passion and knowledge for food and pastries
- Culinary school attendance
- Prior experience with laminated dough, cakes, ice cream, chocolate, and sugar work
- Experience with service and expediting
- Knowledge of how to work with a dough sheeter and depositor a plus
- Dependable and hard-working
- Sociable and friendly to staff and guests. We believe personality is your biggest asset.
- Must be meticulously clean and aware of all food safety standards (NYC Food Handler's License a plus).
- Must be available to work on different shifts, weekends, and holidays.
More detail about Dominique Ansel Bakery part of Dominique Ansel, please visit
Associated topics: cafe, chef, corporate, pastry chef, pizza chef, prep chef, service, sous, sushi chef, tavern