- Dish Network
- $52,550.00 -94,120.00/year*
19 W Houston St
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service Sling TV that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win it s in our DNA. We re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
A Successful General Manager - Media Sales will have the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree with evidence of quantitative rigor, plus 5 years digital/online advertising experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 2-3 years of leading a Sales team
- Ability to understand and manage data with both data partners as well as agency and client direct decision makers.
- Knowledge of tech partners and how they can help DISH Media further penetrate agency holding companies
- Deep grasp of various advertising ecosystems Linear & Advanced TV, OTT, Digital
- Knowledge of impression base buying
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication skills (verbal, written)
DISH s media team is an innovative, passionate and fun group, working hard and finding reward in radically changing TV/Video advertising. We are based out of New York City, with offices in Chicago, Denver, Detroit and Los Angeles.
The DISH General Manager Media Sales will lead a team that is responsible for driving sales for DISH s linear, performance, addressable and any other advanced TV advertising solutions
We are looking for a skill set that can excel in the following areas:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Drive addressable ad revenue for both DISH and Sling
- Lead and inspire a diverse group of Account Executives (General Market, Performance / DR, Multicultural), and help to drive the strategic vision of the Media Sales department as part of the Leadership Team
- Develop a strategic plan for each of the holding companies you will oversee
- What is your approach? What is your role? Your AEs role?
- Ability to identify sales growth opportunities
- Develop a plan to increase revenue in key DISH Media categories (auto, finance, pharmaceuticals, retail, among others)
- Drive revenue to multiple buckets:
- Linear, Data Driven Linear, Addressable, OTT, Performance (DR), DTC, Multicultural
- Work with DISH Media data partners to develop solutions that drive incremental revenue, in addition to other departments within DISH Media as well as DISH corporate