Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
The General Manager directs the operation of an assigned unit by performing the duties outlined below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These include the following:
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with CORNBREAD restaurant hourly Team Members, Corporate and Regional Team Members, and guests.
- Implement the CORNBREAD 101 Training program for all restaurant hourly Team Members to improve unit operations and the guest experience.
- Execute annual financial, local restaurant marketing, guest service, and human resource objectives, strategies and tactics for assigned unit as defined by the current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and current operations plan.
- Manage the restaurant floor and focus on regular contact with guests.
- Maintain the frequency of guest complaints within acceptable limits and handle complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure approved guest feedback system is in use and acted upon.
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations that are applicable to the assigned unit.
- Recruit, train and retain Team Members in accordance with the current SOP and operations plan for the assigned unit.
- Maintain turnover within acceptable limits.
- Conduct on-going coaching and administer the restaurant hourly compensation plan.
- Assure that performance appraisals and merit increases (if applicable) are given as scheduled.
- Properly document performance problems.
- Communicate and enforce policies on 1) sexual harassment, 2) discrimination, and 3) diversity.
- Maintain crew member appearance and uniform standards.
- Ensure food is in compliance with SOP in the areas of specifications, recipes, plating and garnishes.
- Ensure food is presented well and served at appropriate temperatures, within standard ticket times.
- Ensure adequate levels of food, paper, kitchen, safety, janitorial, uniform, linen and miscellaneous supplies.
- Set and adhere to pars.
- Order food on a timely basis.
- Keep inventory to a minimum with no out-of-stock items.
- Ensure the proper operational condition of equipment, building structure and premises according to federal, state and local regulations and SOP.
- Keep appliances and equipment well-maintained.
- Keep smallwares, glassware and china adequately stocked.
- Maintain the interior and exterior appearance of the restaurant.
- Ensure sanitation practices are maintained according to federal, state and local regulations and SOP.
- Ensure that food is properly stored (labeled, dated and rotated) and proper temperatures are maintained.
- Enforce and monitor a deep cleaning schedule.
- Train Team Members on proper personal hygiene and food handling.
- Develop and maintain a safety program in the restaurant that incorporates a safety committee, safety meetings and information on the use of safety tools and procedures.
- Keep the frequency of accidents within acceptable limits.
- Maintain a safe and secure restaurant.
- Keep the back door of the restaurant and the doors to the office locked at all times.
- Control guest checks and follow proper register/cash-handling procedures.
- Implement national and local marketing promotions, including the use of the correct Point of Purchase (POP) materials, posters and placemats.
- Keep menus clean and in good condition.
- Use Family Friendly promotional items as described in the Family Friendly section of this SOP.
- Complete all required reports and paperwork.
- Handle paperwork accurately and on a timely basis.
- Maintain personnel files with appropriate employment and legal documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises Assistant Manager, Crew Chief and restaurant hourly Team Members at assigned unit.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Company unit.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to four years related experience
and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to speak and read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or restaurant Team Members.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or
diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Loading some great jobs for you...