Director, Sterile Processing - Bronx, NY
Compensation: $126,485.00 - $83,990.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
*Posted Date:* Nov 1, 2019
*Crothall Healthcare* is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
*Director, Sterile Processing*
Working as the *Director of Sterile Processing Department (SPD)*, you have authority and responsibility for the operations of Central Sterile Processing Department, including staffing, budgets, customer service and productivity. Additionally, you will ensure that strict and proper infection control procedures are followed for decontamination, sterilization, storage and transportation of equipment, and that sterile supplies and instruments/sets are utilized throughout the hospital.
* Plans, organizes, develops, coordinates, manages, evaluates and directs the daily operation and activities of all Sterile Processing for the hospital
* Maintains records and provides reports; assures customer satisfaction
* Plans, organizes, develops, coordinates, directs and evaluates the daily ongoing activities of the department
* Responsible for the hiring, orientation and training, staff retention, and employee satisfaction of all SPD employees ensuring compliance with hospital policies and allocating appropriate staffing levels throughout the network
* Plans, prepares, and manages the annual budget, promotes cost containment, and maintains supply and equipment inventories
* Formulates and/or revises departmental procedures, evaluates current products and researches new products, devices and equipment
* Responsible for preparing and implementing departmental goals and objectives
* Develops in-service education programs
* Keeps informed of and communicates to staff current trends in sterile processing activities
* Participates in infection, safety, and quality control programs; attends seminars, workshops, etc.
* Thorough knowledge of systems: Instrument Tracking, Case Cart, Patient Charging, Materials Management (HEMM) and Budget, as they relate to the SPD department
* Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, environmental and infection control standards
* Actively seeks cost savings and cost avoidance initiatives
* Coordinates the implementation of new products
* Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety
* Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes, and practices
* Bachelor's Degree in Education or Healthcare related field preferred
* Master's degree preferred
* Minimum of 7 years of experience working in the sterile processing department
* Minimum of 5 years of experience directly managing the sterile processing department
*Apply to Crothall today!*
/Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA/
*Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story*
*Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.*
*Req ID: *339682
JANELLE C ALLEN
Associated topics: alumni, demand, donor, facebook, government, newspaper, relationship, social media, solicitation, twitter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...