**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:**
The Youth Worker is responsible for implementing programmed activities for Teen Youth Center Members between the ages of 14 - 19. The Youth Worker will work with the Program Director and Youth Center Director to lead a diverse group of Teen Center Members through a number of programmed activities, service projects, civic engagement, and leadership development. The overall goals for the Youth Worker are to provide direct service and establish positive relationships with Teen Youth Center members. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Assist the Program Director to oversee the implementation of policies and procedures at the Youth Center.
* Inform the Program Director of specific Youth Center member needs or concerns that are brought to his/her attention.
* Plan, design, organize, and implement age appropriate Youth Center programs and activities, for youth between the ages of 14 - 19.
* Provide a safe, structured and stimulating environment for Youth Center members and volunteers.
* Attend and participate fully in staff meetings, planning sessions, other meetings, staff development and training programs and activities as directed.
* Be a positive role model to youth and develop meaningful relationships with Youth Center members.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Three years' experience working with youth in an academic, recreational or athletic setting. Should have outstanding leadership, organizational and team building skills. HS Diploma/GED required. Familiarity with Cambridge neighborhoods preferred.
**WORK ENVIRONMENT**: Main work environment is busy Youth Center. The noise level can be very loud. Youth Centers include classroom like settings, open environments & gymnasium.
**PHYSICAL DEMANDS**: Must be able to lift fifty pounds and participate in activities that require physical exertion. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and **2 copies** of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: ...@cambridgema.gov or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-###-####. **Position will remain open until filled.**
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
**CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.**
*Department:* Human Service Programs
*Job Title:* Youth Worker- Teen (part-time), Division of Youth Programs
*Job Code:* X965B
*Civil Service Position:* Non Civil Service position
*Union Affiliation:* None
*Hours Per Week:* 19.5 hours per week. Monday-Friday 6 P.M-10 P.M.
*POSTING DATE:* September 4, 2019
*RATE:* $16.15 per hour
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...