Credit Portfolio Sr Group Manager
Compensation: $145,180.00 - $145,180.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Credit Risk Sr Group Manager manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business.
* Provides thorough credit risk management across all mortgage channels by reporting on underwriter performance.
* Manages teams that deliver a consistent, goals and sophisticated process of underwriter review.
* Identifies credit risks, processes trends and training needs within the body of underwriting work completed each month.
* Appropriately calibrates variances with front-end Quality Assurance (QA) and Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requirements.
* Assures precise and adequate sampling of underwriters' work to make accurate assessments of underwriter
* decision making.
* Evaluates the process of underwriter performance review to encapsulate all relevant decision making and
* calculations in the review.
* Provides for competent discourse of rebuttals to variances and quick resolution of risk issues in loan originations.
* Partners with front-end QA to provide seamless quality checks on all mortgage originations and correspondent
* Identifies measures and reports on complex underwriting issues at the individual underwriter level and the macro level, across all mortgage channels.
* Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
* Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
* 15+ years relevant experience
* Must have credit operations background and senior management experience in a large, high volume underwriting center. ?
* Exercises effective people management skills
* Demonstrate advanced analytical skills and the ability to assimilate complex information.
* Must be able to clearly communicate the impact of such information on organizational risk.
* High level of accuracy and sound methodologies are required
* Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills are required.
* Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred and managerial experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...