Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Boro Park Center is looking to hire an experienced Nurse Practitioner to work for our skilled nursing facility in the Boro Park section of Brooklyn, NY.
Excellent salary will be offered, commensurate with experience.
* Assuring delivery of quality care services to all patients in a respectful and professional manner.
* Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
* Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories..
* Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
* Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
* Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
* Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development
* Must be Board Certified
Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 504-bed rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facility in the heart of the Boro Park section of Brooklyn. Our warm and nurturing environment allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. We want all residents to leave the Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, healthier, happier, and most of all, with the tools to succeed. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident's dignity and independence.
Centers Health Care is a fully integrated post-acute care continuum offering rehabilitation and skilled nursing services in more than 45 locations covering five states. In addition, we provide special services including in-patient and home dialysis, ventilator care, and care for those with Alzheimer's. The Centers Health Care family offers Urgent Care, Managed Care, Adult Day Health Care, and Assisted Living services, as well as every level of Home Care. Centers is well known for our commitment to our employees, offering outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation packages and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Associated topics: advanced, advanced practice registered nurse, associate, care nurse, clinic, locum, neighborcare, np, ob, spanish