- CENTERS FOR SPECIALTY CARE GROUP
Healthcare - Allied Health
437 E Fordham Rd
Centers Laboratory is actively seeking an experienced Core Lab Supervisor for our Laboratory in Brooklyn, NY.
The Core Lab Supervisor is responsible for the following laboratory sections: Hematology, Chemistry, Diagnostic Immunology, Endocrinology, Oncology, Clinical Toxicology, and Urinalysis. The supervisor will perform the expected responsibilities of the position with knowledge, competency, and appropriateness to all ages of patients and customers served. Supervise all technical and non-technical staff in these sections. Work closely with the Lab Manager, Quality Manager, and other Supervisors. Can take charge of the laboratory in the absence of the Laboratory Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology or related science.
* Minimum Experience: Six years of medical laboratory experience of which two years must be in particular section supervised. Demonstrated proficiency in MS office suite of products. Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing, using advanced writing skills. Demonstrated expertise in laboratory test system validation procedures. Demonstrated experience in leading a team and teaching/mentoring employees.
* Required Certification/Registration: NYS MT licensure required. ASCP preferred.
* Physical Requirements: Lifts and carries relatively light equipment, containers, and specimens. May be exposed to potentially disease-bearing specimens. May be exposed to odorous and hazardous chemicals and specimens. Frequent prolonged standing and walking required.
* Able to direct and perform operations of assigned sections. Ensures compliance with NYS and Federal regulations as applicable.
* Demonstrates the concepts of good quality control practices and maintains all related records according to Standard Operating Procedure.
* Ensures the accuracy and precision of testing performed in areas assigned.
* Completes supervisory review of tests performed, quality control results, and remedial action documentation and performs corrective action related to these functions as appropriate.
* Facilitates the implementation of new instruments, new test procedures, performs validation studies and submits documentation to the Medical Director for review and signature.
* Performs instrument/method correlations biannually as required and submits documentation to Medical Director for review and signature.
* Ensures proper functioning of equipment: documents routine maintenance records as well as scheduled and unscheduled service records.
* Anticipates capital replacement needs and advises management in a timely manner.
* Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies for use in daily operation. Affects cost control measures in use of supplies, materials, and equipment with infrequent need for emergency orders and adherence to budget.
* Ensures that the work area is safe, clean and orderly meeting all regulatory requirements within department: no outdated reagents in use, all open reagents are dated and initialed, all posted information has date and signature.
* Facilitates positive outcomes for all proficiency testing by ensuring tests are assayed in a timely manner meeting all regulatory standards, results are reviewed for accuracy before posting and any required investigation is completed in a timely manner.
* Demonstrates the ability to assist management in the development of department and section objectives, organization, staffing policies, procedures, work methods, performance standards, budget, and schedules.
* Maintains current policy and procedures that are reviewed by the Medical Director initially and annually.
* Keeps safe staffing practices, schedules fairly, posts schedule in a timely manner making every effort to stay within budget.
* Participates in process improvement projects with requisite documentation and submission to quality.
* Active participant in Quality Management Program and Quality Improvement meetings.
* Provides required employee training and instruction on work practices regarding safety, health, and security in compliance with regulatory requirements; monitors adherence to all policy and procedure and takes action when necessary.
* Ensures timely compliance with all annual education for self and direct reports.
* Assesses and ensures department specific orientation and competency on an initial and annual basis for all employees. Provides timely documentation and plan of action as needed.
* Provides staff timely feedback, both positive and negative. Completes all performance reviews within the expected timeframe.
* Encourages employee development through cross-training and coach's staff to obtain maximum job performance.
* Participates in educational programs to maintain subject matter expertise and to expand management skills.
* Supervises with fairness and holds each employee equally accountable to follow all policies and procedures as well as Standards of Performance and Behavior.
* Provides a positive influence on employee motivation by encouraging high-performance standards and by recognizing excellence.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of patient and customer satisfaction. Strives to assure that employees consistently achieve satisfaction expectations.
* Applies effective and analytical skills and judgment in decision making by appropriately evaluating facts; and providing timely, sound recommendations and decisions.
* Completes reports, data, statistics, in a timely and accurate manner.
* Supports and assists in development and maintenance of the Laboratory Information System.
Associated topics: blood collection, medical lab science, medical laboratory science, molecular, scientist, technician i, technician ii, technician lab, technologist, testing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...