Supply Chain Director - Automotive
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
- Drive efficiencies at an AME level to support network design, supply chain flow, cost modelling, transportation/logistics and packaging
- Implement Corporate Strategies in relation to supply chain business processes, systems, solutions and tools in collaboration with plant operations teams to meet the needs of the business
- Develop and approve supply chain standards and ensure implementation and adherence within the plants ? which includes ensuring that the formally defined SIOPS plan from the Supply Chain Planning team is implemented by the plants with zero/minimal variations to MPS.
- The drive to ensure MPS adherence to SIOPs will be critical to ensure that customer delivery (DSA) requirements are met & ensures focus on inventory & premium freight reduction
- Requires a strong ability to act as an independent centralized supply chain function that relentless and robustly challenges the operations team to deliver to the Supply Chain Plans, yet still be able to act as a knowledgeable and trustworthy business advisor to the operations team.
- To have the ability to create a clear and defined identity for the Supply Chain Execution team ? through setting clear roles and responsibilities within the supply chain function to extract maximum value from the supply chain organization. This includes the ability to drive/manage and instruction the entire indirect supply chain function which sits in a matrix reporting structure to operations.
- Build and implement standard supply chain IT tools to support the business processes
- Develop cross fertilization between plants and the business units as appropriate for best practices, improvement ideas, etc.
- Lead the development of strategies, plans and projects in the transformation of the Departments.
- Work in partnership with the Freight Services AMS team to ensure efficient delivery to and from plants, focusing on operational efficiency measures (OTIF, agreed lead time working practices, reductions in premium freight, network optimizations etc)
- Develop a strong relationship with all other functions of the business, to enable effective business partnership ? critical to ensuring the success of a fully integrated supply chain function that is not afraid to challenge & work together with its business stakeholders to generate maximum value for the organization
- Act as a change maker and actively promote developmental and improvement activities, so as to ensure the overall Business is aware, integrated, aligned and engaged.
- Ensure all developments relate to the overall Business plan, future strategy and can demonstrate the benefits at the highest level of the organization, both Financially and Operationally.
- Be able to operate at the highest level of effectiveness in all circumstances & be able to comfortable navigate through ambiguity and uncertainty ? during a time of significant change in the organization
- Continually strive to proactively and relentlessly ensure Supply Chain are considered leaders in the field and a key and valued part of the overall organization.
- Manage and control Supply Chain key activities, such as Monthly Management Reports and Meetings/measurements of KPIs and performance against those KPIs, to ensure the most efficient and progressive approach is achieved, demonstrated by clear planning, strategies and deliverables within the process.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both as an individual and as part of a team where required.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Site Supply Chain Manager
- Proficient with ERP Planning, Material Scheduling, Distribution, Warehousing functionality
- Experience working in a global matrix organization.
- Results oriented with good written and oral communications skills.
- Experience in MRP site Implementation, significant transformation/change management projects
- Master?s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
- Automotive Manufacturing experience is preferred
- APEX NAPM CPM Certifications
Associated topics: 3pl, inventory, material, meat, plastics, provider, purchase, raw material, supplier, supply chain
Loading some great jobs for you...