- Bright Horizons
- $66,735.00 -162,260.00/year*
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
354 W 54th St
Are you interested in assisting our growing centers in Manhattan? Then this position may be for you! We are looking for a Regional Certified Teacher to support our centers in Manhattan with filling in for our current staff while they are on vacation or fill a vacancy for a period of time. This is a full time/year round position and requires some traveling through centers solely in Manhattan.
Crafting enriching experiences
As a child care teacher at Bright Horizons, we help you explore your age group preference with opportunities to work with Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers. You'll enjoy a warm and supportive environment where you are encouraged to share your passion for early childhood education with children, parents and co-workers. You will work alongside a talented team of educators in state-of-the-art classrooms and pass on your love of learning to young, eager minds. Your guidance and positive reinforcement will help set the stage for many incredible milestones to come.
At Bright Horizons, you'll also find opportunities to experience personal and professional breakthroughs of your own. As a company with a learning culture, you will discover your full potential through state-of-the-art online training, leadership development and tuition reimbursement, including the opportunity to earn your ECE college degree for FREE! Additionally, our company culture invites you to bring your whole self to work, because it is our unique attributes, perspectives and backgrounds that make us a stronger team.
How will you inspire our future generation?
What you will do as a Child Care Teacher
* Feel a sense of accomplishment as you hear the laughter and experience the wonder of children participating in activities you planned
* Observe children's interests and work with co-workers to develop creative ideas for engaging curriculum
* Record and share children's triumphs and progress with parents, relating that continued safety and attention to their individual basic care needs is a top priority
* Communicate with parents on a daily basis, sharing their children's latest adventures and achievements through a variety of avenues, including mobile apps and personal discussions
* Live our HEART principles of Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork
What we are looking for
* Minimum age of 18
* Hold a High School Diploma/GED
* Previous experience working with young children
* Meet state educational licensing and additional center/school requirements
* A passion for child care and making a difference in the lives of young children
We do give preference to child care teachers with the following:
* Must have a Master degree in Education plus have NY State certification in B-2, 1-6, Special Education or School Building Leadership.
* Have 12 months of professional teaching experience in a classroom
Bright Horizons - A fresh perspective on learning
In addition to being the leading provider of high quality child care and early education, Bright Horizons is the only child care company repeatedly named by FORTUNE as one of the \"100 Best Companies to Work For\". We are passionate about building an organization where you can make an impact on future generations. It begins with the educators that we hire, and by helping you grow with us. We support a well-rounded, individualized curriculum that is fully engaging and tailored to each child's developmental needs. This visionary approach helps craft enriching experiences, and empowers children to be confident and successful lifelong learners.
Benefits we offer
* Competitive salaries
* Career path opportunities
* Extensive health benefits
* Comprehensive tuition reimbursement and the opportunity to earn your college degree for FREE through our Early Education Degree Achievement Plan
* Volunteer opportunities through the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children
* Commuter benefits
* Health club discounts
* Cell phone discounts and much more
Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. Bright Horizons complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the recruitment helpdesk at 855-###-#### or ...@brighthorizons.com. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Having technical issues with your online application? Contact us at ...@brighthorizons.com or 855-###-####.
Associated topics: assistant preschool teacher, baby, child, daycare, early, infant, pre kindergarten, preschool teacher, toddler, toddler teacher
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.