Associate Director, Marketing
Requisition Number: COM19-014
At Blueprint Medicines, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-a-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicines to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
This is critical role within the Blueprint Medicines commercial team primarily leading the strategy and execution label expansions for avapritinib in systemic mastocytosis. The ultimate goal of these efforts is to optimize patient outcomes via labeled clinical education to key stakeholders involved in patient care. The individual will be integral to avapritinib commercial launches and will have the opportunity to have broad impact within a growing commercial organization. This role reports to the Avapritinib Brand Lead and will work closely with Sales, Patient Services, Trade and Distribution, Commercial Analytics, Patient Advocacy, Legal, and Regulatory.
- Required Travel: 30-40%
- Develop brand strategy for market development and commercialization for advanced and indolent systemic mastocytosis indications
- Timely management and execution of disease education and promotional tactics
- Establish and foster collaborative relationships with KOLs in relevant therapeutic areas
- Work closely with patient advocacy and patient services to develop an integrated patient and caregiver education strategy
- Manage key brand and promotional market research from end to end to generate actionable insights that maximize impact of education efforts
- Be a strong partner with sales organization to ensure field alignment with brand strategy and messaging
- Help set key performance indicators for launch and develop courses of action based on these metrics
- Represent strategic and project plans to commercial leadership and executive level personnel
- BA/BS degree required. Advanced degree, MBA, or other equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, including direct involvement in marketing, sales, or market development activities
- Experience in hematology oncology, rare disease, or allergy/immunology preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with external KOL and patient advocacy partners
- Direct patient engagement/marketing experience a plus
- Demonstrated track record of complex project management and effective vendor management
- Ability to lead with optimizing patient care to make complex business decisions
- Commitment to succeeding with integrity in a highly regulated commercial environment
- Ability to craft key messages and narratives for internal and external stakeholders from complex clinical and business data
- Skilled at independently organizing project goals, completing long-term projects on time and within budget and fully integrating them into the work of other functions
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and nimbly adapt in a dynamic business environment
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a broad range of internal functions, influence without authority, gain consensus and act independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
On the Blueprint Medicines Commercial team, we are united by a collective urgency to bring transformative therapies from the lab to all appropriate patients. We live by the desire to innovate and do things better. Join us, and you will have the freedom to make an impact for patients.
Associated topics: analyst, endowment, event, fundraise, government, media, presale, public relations, twitter, university relationship