Administrative Assistant, Quantitative Pharmacology & Drug Safety
Requisition Number: NCD19-902
At Blueprint Medicines, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-a-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicines to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
Blueprint Medicines is a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth biotechnology company that is working to eradicate cancer. We are seeking a professional that will build relationships with keys stakeholders and will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities. This crucial member of the Blueprint Medicines team will report to the SVP of NonClinical Development (NCDS) and support additional team members.
- Manages NCDS SVP s calendars, meetings and schedules, resolving scheduling conflicts as they arise and prioritizing issues to ensure an effective time management approach. Communicate agendas and respond to calendar changes as needed.
- Manages Translational Medicine VP s calendars, meetings and schedules, resolving scheduling conflicts as they arise and prioritizing issues to ensure an effective time management approach. Communicate agendas and respond to calendar changes as needed
- Manages Senior Directors calendars, meetings and schedules, resolving scheduling conflicts as they arise and prioritizing issues to ensure an effective time management approach. Communicate agendas and respond to calendar changes as needed
- Work closely and effectively with the NonClinical and Discovery team members to steer upcoming commitments and responsibilities, as well as organizational issues, and follow up as necessary.
- Coordinate detailed domestic and international travel arrangements for team members including air, hotel, car, etc. as business needs dictate. Complete expense reports and credit card reconciliation.
- Manage mail, invoices, opening purchase orders, execution of confidentiality agreements and consulting agreements.
- Coordinate logistics of special events including team meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops, off-site meetings, special projects and department outings/team building.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders with professionalism, accuracy and speed.
- Present a positive and professional image to all visitors, suppliers and other persons.
- Facilitate communication from team members by soliciting information from the team, providing critical updates, anticipating questions and organizing priorities. Proactive in all areas of work.
- Prepare and proof correspondence including letters, memos, documents and reports as required and maintain up-to-date paper and electronic files. Produce presentations using PowerPoint.
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive signatures for format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Take initiative to problem solve, troubleshoot, and/or escalate issues. Applies a thorough knowledge of company operations and policies and procedures daily.
- Prior experience as an administrative assistant in a high-growth, fast-paced environment is required.
- Experience within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred.
- Exceptional technical and computer skills, including MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Competence in performing administrative duties with no direction (i.e. typing, coordinating calendar availability, emailing, copying, preparing presentation slides, preparing agendas and scheduling travel arrangements.
- Serves as a trusted advisor and demonstrates a high degree of tact, diplomacy, judgment, and discretion.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- A solutions-oriented team player with a customer service mentality.
- Impeccable organizational skills in additional to top-tier verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attentional to detail in everything that you do.
- Handle sensitive information with confidentiality and utmost integrity.
- Ability to quickly pick up on various IT systems and various reporting tools.
- Comfortable collaborating with all levels of employees and possesses conflict management skills.
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner who listens effectively and invites response and discussion.
- Embrace our core values: Patients First, Thoughtfulness, Trust, Optimism, and Urgency.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.
Associated topics: bacteria, cytometry, dietician, health, healthcare, histology, industrial hygienist, injury, pharmacometrics, pharmacy