AppleGate Recovery, a division of BayMark Health Services, is a multi-site, multi-service organization providing opioid use disorder treatment and rehabilitation for patients across the country. Providing high-quality, patient-centered treatment for addiction to prescription medications and other opioids remains the focus of AppleGate’s clinics. Combining evidence-based, medication assisted treatment with counseling and behavioral services, AppleGate offers the most successful option for many patients.
AppleGate leadership remains actively involved in the opioid use disorder treatment community, working tirelessly to improve state and federal regulations by educating policy makers about the benefits of evidence-based treatments such as methadone and buprenorphine therapy.
Provide treatment and casework services to patient as directed by the supervisor in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and with BayMark’s policies and procedures. Provide timely documentation of patient services based on plan of care. Identify other physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs for assigned patients. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the company’s budget. Travel as necessary.
Blacksburg, VA Location:
Masters Level Clinical Social Workers (MA, MSc, MSW)
Masters Level Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS)
Licensed Counselors (LPCC)
LISW is a requirement for the Counselor Position
• Minimum age requirement of 18.
• Maintain State Certification / Licensure or be in the process of obtaining Certification / License
• Have experience working with opiate addicted population.
• Must have or obtain current certification in CPR and First Aid.
• Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Skilled in conducting assessments, utilization of screening criteria for appropriate patient placement, treatment plan development and implementation, service coordination, and crisis intervention.
• Excellent documentation and computer skills required.
• Knowledge of local community drug trends, the effects on the body and cognitive functioning of drugs of abuse, signs and symptoms of narcotic overdose, psychosocial implications of addictive disease, the process of addiction and treatment, social service, economic, legal, and medical systems, HIV transmission-health, behavioral, and emotional implications of addiction.
• Ability to work effectively within medical hierarchy, assist in complex problem solving with clients, and work autonomously.
• Exhibits good time management skills.
• Ability to work with a diverse population and exhibit excellent customer service skills.
• Knowledge of applicable State Code of Regulations and 42 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Section 8.12.
• Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
• Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
• Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting.
• Satisfactory criminal background check.
• Self-directed with ability to work with little supervision.
• Demonstrate excellent observation, good nursing judgment and communication skills. Ability to provide good written documentation in a timely manner.
• Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
Applegate leadership remains actively involved in the opioid use disorder treatment community, working tirelessly to improve state and federal regulations by educating policy makers about the benefits of evidence-based treatments such as methadone and buprenorphine therapy.
Loading some great jobs for you...