Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Scientist II-Biomarker opportunity at their new affiliate Mitobridge in Cambridge, MA.
Mitobridge is seeking a highly motivated scientist with experience in biomarker discovery and assay development to join our Translational Sciences group. The primary focus of this role is to conceive and develop biomarker assays to evaluate target engagement, PK/PD relationship, and efficacy for our portfolio of assets that target mitochondrial dysfunction and other pathologies in human disease.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Mitobridge is seeking a motivated and experienced scientist to identify, evaluate, and characterize relevant blood, urine, or other body fluids and tissue biomarkers that will provide useful pharmacodynamic and efficacy endpoints in preclinical and clinical settings. Responsibilities include:
* Provide scientific expertise and lead efforts in areas of biomarker discovery, development, translational science and communicating with multiple cross-functional teams (e.g. biology, preclinical and early stage clinical)
* Deliver clinical-ready assays to measure biomarkers and enable data-driven decisions on program progression
* Utilize multiple molecular and biochemical techniques (e.g., ELISA, PCR-based techniques, Western blots, Immunoassays, Mass Spec, FACS) and imaging to support biomarker discovery across multiple programs
* Prepare and communicate scientific reports (written and verbal) to project teams
* Liaise with cross-functional project teams as the subject matter expert
* Commit to helping the team achieve deliverables and meet timelines
* Oversee outsourced biomarker and bioanalytical assays at contract research laboratories
* Prepare, review and deliver scientific presentations for internal/external audiences and author related manuscripts
* Experience with assay development, including reagent development, assay protocol optimization, troubleshooting and statistical methods
* Experience with immunological, biochemical and molecular biology assays, such as ELISA/MSD, protein quantification, Western blotting, PCR-based techniques and mammalian cell culture.
* Excellent assay troubleshooting skills and the ability to identify and evaluate cutting edge assay technologies
* Experience with handling and processing biofluids (urine, serum, plasma, CSF) and tissues
* Experience working in cross functional teams
* Educational requirements:
* BS with 10+
* MS with 7+
* Ph.D. with 3+ years relevant laboratory experience in pharma or biotech setting
* Experience with imaging techniques and working with clinical samples is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development
Associated topics: biopharma, clinical, drug, immunoassay, medicine, patient, physiologist, therapy, toxicologist, transfection
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...