- API Heat Transfer
- $73,363.33 -144,930.00/year*
This position is responsible for operation of vacuum brazing furnaces.
1. Maintain an acceptable level of performance. SC: Efficiency: 100% as defined by the number of braze loads per day. SC: Indirect by Direct %: Less than 9%.
2. Operate vacuum braze furnaces within the specified parameters determined by manufacturing engineering. Cores coming from Stacking are put on racks, ensuring that similar cores are run through together. Connect thermocouples to each core in order to monitor the temperature as the core goes through the furnace. Use the overhead lift to load racks into the furnace. Program the Operator Interface Terminal to identify the specific cores being brazed. Monitor the vacuum and heat on the terminal throughout three stages as the parts progress through the furnace. Record data on a Brazing Log for each batch. May monitor two furnaces at a time. SC: Braze loads are ran to the correct profile and specified parameters are maintained.
3. Measure, flatten and square brazed units to the required specifications per router sheet using a hammer and block if necessary. Identify load sequence, work order and initial each core. SC: Cores are brazed according to the daily schedule.
4. Complete daily operator preventative maintenance assignments including set-points, oil levels, temperature, coolant flow and PSI. SC: Work area is cleaned and organized.
5. May be required to periodically clean, scrape, sweep and vacuum the inside of the furnace while wearing fire resistant and respiratory equipment.
6. Additional responsibilities
a. Comply with all of the ISO 9001 Quality standards, policies and procedures of API Heat Transfer. SC: Work is complete in compliance to all related procedures and work instructions. SC: Complies with all safety requirements.
b. Comply with all API Heat Transfer policies related to acceptable work place behavior.
1. Communication skills ? verbal
2. Attention to detail
3. Problem solving
5. Decision making
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
3. Experience with heat treating operations is beneficial.
1. Physical Requirements of Position: Sedentary Work - 0 lbs 0%;Light Work - Less than 20 lbs 15%;Medium Work - 21 ? 30 lbs 65%; Heavy Work - 31 ? 50 lbs 17%;Very Heavy Work - More than 50 lbs 3%
2. Physical Activity of Position: None (0%), Occasionally (1+%), Frequently (34+%), Constantly (67+%):Standing -Const.; Pulling -Occ.; Climbing -None;Walking-Const.; Bending/Stooping -None; Reaching -Occ.;Sitting -None; Squatting/Crouching -None; Hearing -Occ.;Lifting -Const.; Crawling -None.; Speaking -Occ.;Carrying -Const.; Kneeling -None; Repeat -None.;Pushing -Occ.; Balancing -None.; Reading -Occ.; Writing motion -Occ.; Hand manipulation -Freq.; Wrist manipulation -Freq.
3. Working Environment: None (0%), Occasionally (1+%), Frequently (34+%), Constantly (67+%):Working with computers - Occ.; Poor venting -None;Working unprotected heights -None; Solvents -Occ.;Working on moving machinery -Freq.; Chemicals -Occ.;Heat/Cold extremes -Freq.; Dust -Occ.;Inside -Const.; Gases -None;Outside -None; Fumes -Occ.;Noise, loud -Const.; Paint -None;Vibrations -Occ.; Small spaces -Occ.;Wetness -None; Sharp objects -Occ.;Electricity exposure -None; Driving powered equipment -None; Radiation -None
Associated topics: energy, geothermal, operations, operator, powerplant, powerplant operations, scrubber, solar, turbine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...