1. Analyzes and implements programs and strategies for the long-term cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of development prospects. Oversees solicitation plans and processes including proposal writing, compliance and stewardship.
2. Works in conjunction and collaboration with the Chapter Communications and NHQ Marketing Departments
3. Identifies, qualifies, and cultivates new and ongoing development prospects research, networking and visits.
4. Writes edits and develops proposals for individual, corporate, and foundation support for the organization.
5. Provides guidance to the Chapter Chief Development Officer (CDO), Major Gift Officers (MGO’s) and other financial development team members relating to the identification of funding opportunities and gift solicitation strategies.
6. Develops effective working relationships with donors, volunteers, government and foundation representatives and others to nurture their connections to the organization.
7. Coordinates the regular reporting on progress of fundraising for sustainability initiatives.
8. Develops project plans & participates in budget development.
9. Monitors program outcomes and results in order to increase fundraising program growth.
10. May direct work of development coordinators regarding administrative duties including recording and tracking donor invoices, acknowledgement correspondence, mass mailings, etc.May hire, train, coach, counsel and evaluate performance of direct reports and volunteers or give significant recommendations as to those supervisory actions.
11. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone.It is expected that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
12. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Education:Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience:Minimum 3 to 5 years of proven experience and documented success in fund development.
Management Experience:Preferred 6 months – 1 year supervisory experience.
Skills and Abilities:Leadership ability with exemplary interpersonal, verbal, listening and written communication skills. Partners internally and externally with others to develop the organization; open, friendly and comfortable with diverse groups; networks effectively and establishes long-term relationships with the community. Works successfully on teams and strives for optimum results; resolves conflict; promotes cooperation, commitment, momentum and pride; puts success of team above own interests. Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong skills in planning and problem-solving. Capable of directing and working effectively with donors, volunteers, staff and committees in a wide range of activities while under pressure and/or deadlines.
Other:Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Work Conditions:Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to
emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout
chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response
organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements
GrantPA is an internet platform that matches individual artists and organizations with grants, patrons, and other funding opportunities. Our mission …Read More
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth…Read More