Manager - Treasury
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Treasury department is responsible for managing American Express' cash flow ensuring borrowing is minimized and funds are maximized. The team ensures AXP has the right amount of money, at the right time, in the right place, in the appropriate currency to fulfill its financial obligations when they become due. The team is also responsible for the design, implementation, and optimization of the cash flow processes to achieve business partner objectives.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Ensures AXP has the right amount of money, at the right time, in the right place, in the appropriate currency to fulfill its financial obligations when they become due.
* Manages American Express' cash flows ensuring borrowing is minimized and investible funds are maximized.
* Ensure cash transfers are executed on a timely basis.
* Monitor bank account balances to ensure balances are kept at minimum levels.
* Perform cash flow forecasting and data analytics for various legal entities.
* Partner with the Global Funding team to provide regular cash flow forecasting updates and explain variances.
* Produce daily and monthly reporting for forecast variance, operational excellence metrics, and key risk indicators.
* Drive operational efficiencies through process automation, technology enhancements, and process improvements.
* Design, implement, and optimizes cash flow processes in support of new products and business partners needs.
* Evaluate, monitor, and enhance operating controls to strengthen the control environment.
* Maintain and update desk operating procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements.
* Collaborate with Global Monitoring & Testing (GMAT) and the Operational Risk team to ensure all SOX requirements are met.
* Coordinate the documentation and testing of business continuity plans
* Promote and support the continual development of the team through coaching, feedback, and instruction.
* Support GTO automation initiatives, TMS enhancements and other special projects.
* BS/BA/BBA Degree required. MBA Preferred.
* 5 years cash management and/or banking operations experience.
* Knowledge of automated Treasury workstation preferred.
* Candidate must be able to work independently under strict deadlines in a fast paced environment.
* Knowledge of Microsoft office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint required. Advanced excel skills preferred.
* Highly motivated with a positive attitude.
* Works well under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
* Attention to detail.
* Provide and receive honest feedback.
* Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate processes.
* Growth Mindset
* Strong people leader. Lead by example.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Motivated to succeed with the highest level of integrity.
* Well organized.
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Loading some great jobs for you...