Would you like to be on an incredible team that is poised to revolutionize the world of fabrics and textiles? Advanced Functional Fabrics of America (AFFOA) is a non-profit that is transforming fabrics into sophisticated systems, allowing clothes to connect to the Internet, see, hear, sense and communicate, change color and monitor health. Our team is a small, technically savvy and diverse group dedicated to advancing AFFOA's mission. We work collaboratively and are motivated by the amazing (and mind-boggling) impact we are having on the future of fabrics and textiles. Would you like to join us, to help unfold the future?
AFFOA is currently looking for a Manager/Director of Human Resources to meet the organization s objectives. This role will manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs.
Manager or Director of Human Resources
Reports To (Position Title):
Primary Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
- Establishes culture of a positive culture of respect and collaboration.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll by making necessary entries to assure all employees are paid accurately through the ADP payroll system.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Oversee the 401K retirement plan, required filings and communications; and
- Oversee Administrative Assistant function.
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge and experience in human resources, organizational planning and development, compensation, recruitment, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, benefit administration and employment law.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
- Five to eight years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and employee communications.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Collaborative management style.
AFFOA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Associated topics: administrator, associate director, chro, guide, head, lead, leader, leadership, president, senior associate