Take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn the fundamentals of quality home care and deliver life-changing service to your clients. As an Arcadia Home Care State Tested Nurse Assistant, you’ll play a vital role in supporting seniors and people with disabilities living independently. This rewarding position provides consistent, flexible hours to accommodate your personal needs, while providing a great career with a growing, innovative industry leader.
If you have a genuine passion for helping others, and you are looking for a meaningful, fulfilling career with a dynamic, values-driven organization that recognizes and supports your contribution, we invite you to join our team.
* Record pertinent information pertaining to the client's care.
* Remind clients to take medication at the appropriate time.
* Plan and prepare meals according to specific dietary requirements of the client, and if necessary, feeding the client.
* Assist the client with therapy exercises under the direction of a Registered Therapist.
* Assist or perform personal care including hair care, oral hygiene, bathing, grooming, and dressing.
* Assist with ambulation with or without mechanical aids.
* Assist with routine bodily functions such as assisting clients with toileting.
* Maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment through light housekeeping including changing bed linens, dusting and vacuuming, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, providing and emptying bed pans and laundry.
* Provide companionship and stimulation for the client including reading, walks, etc.; and accompanying the client to doctors or other appointments.
* Turn or reposition patients who are bedridden.
* Examine patient for bruises, blood in urine or other injuries/wounds.
* Take client's vital signs and recording input and output.
* Observe and report changes in client's condition to the Agency Director or Service Coordinator.
* Accurately prepare daily records and submitting them to the office by date due .
* Participates in in-service education programs.
* Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information.
* Maintain regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the agency.
* Follow all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements.
* Abide by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
* A Home Health Aide must have a minimum of one year of personal care experience which is verifiable through three work references, and must complete this agency's employment and competency process
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Completion of high school or GED certification
* Six months training as a Certified Nurse Aide and complete a competency evaluation
* Must exhibit mature, responsible behavior and understand the need for patient confidentiality
* Must be able to read, write and speak English
* Must be able to follow direction and accurately report to the Administrator any changes in client's condition
* Must have available reliable transportation to and from assignments. May be approved to transport client or run errands in vehicle
* Must maintain current credentials, including CPR, First Aide, TB Test, Physical, Fingerprint Clearance Card, and attend required in-services or other requirements as mandated by the state or contract specifications