Director, Group Sales
Assist the Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in managing, motivating Group Sales managers to maximize their productivity and exceed booking goals in their respective markets, drive long term presell levels accordingly to achieve future revenue expectations, and insure satisfied meeting planners.
Hotel Overview: Come be part of over 100 years of exceptional service at the Fairmont Copley Plaza, the Grand Dame of Boston, located in historic Back Bay.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Regional Director of Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Group Sales Production, Booking Review and Strategy
- Accountable for ensuring all group sellers book business from assigned markets to actualize individual and hotel production goals
- Approve rates and contractual terms to negotiate group rooms contracts within established parameters and consistently review and re-establish parameters to maximize profitability and success of hotel and team.
- Review all tentative and definite agreements to ensure groups and hotel are set up for success and reflect all needs accurately
- Provide an additional layer of thanks and relationship development for customers. Visit when on site, meet at pre-con and ensure customers have multiple layers of contact at the hotel.
- Ensure team members have scheduled effective business trips and appointments within assigned markets and are within budget
- Ensure Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Accor standards are maintained
Pipeline Review and Management
- Provide support for group sellers in developing new business and finding new opportunities within their markets
- Conduct Pipeline reviews with sellers and strategize need periods
- Ensure team keeps accurate records of potential customers and are following through on all potential business.
- Collect market and competitive intelligence to assess and implement strategy and long term goals. Assure that sellers are actively engaging in these tools and pursing business from them.
- Participate in the Daily Business Review Meeting for all sellers to approve rates and contractual terms to negotiate group rooms contracts within established parameters
- Develop lead sources and rapport with key personnel at Convention and Visitors Bureau, Convention Marketing Center and Accor Global Sales Offices, Online lead sources, and any key vendors for the Group team
Group Sales Managers
- Responsible for scheduling and conducting monthly team meetings
- Responsible for the engagement and development of the Group Sales Team
- Coaching, counseling and mentoring of the group sales team including Professional Development Interviews, annual LEADS and goal setting and appropriately set one on ones
- Lead the development and training of the Group Sales Team on all initiatives
- Network with peers and represent the team as needed in industry events
- Interview group sales candidates and provide feedback to RDOSM as needed
- Orchestrate the lead process (receiving leads, running of all tools, build in the system and management of client communication) during any Group Sellers absence, due to travel, vacation or vacant position, etc. in conjunction with the Sales Representative to include hand over to returning seller.
- Management of client needs related to prospects, tentatives and definites during Group Seller team absence.
Sales Systems and Tools
- Responsible for ensuring proper Opera S&C account management practices, etc. for group sales team members
- Consistently review and re-establish contractual parameters to maximize profitability and success of hotel and team
- Ensure all lead sources are up to date and streamlined and have the best and most current information available
- Ensure there are no outstanding leads in any sources outside of 1 hour
- Ensure sellers utilize Opera Sales & Catering to track, solicit, book and follow-up accounts
- Clear understanding of Group month end process including backlog report and activity report
- Forecast monthly for rolling 12 month period for group sales revenue
- Responsible for insuring compliance with the Six Simple Sales Standards
Other Projects/Hotel Departments
- Handle special projects as assigned in a timely manner
- Assist the Regional Director of Sales & Marketing with development of Marketing Plan.
- Attend weekly Group Pick Up meeting and Resume meeting and represent the group sales team. Attend other hotel meetings as necessary
- Work closely with the DRM to ensure we are communicating a matching message and in line with our goals
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required
- Participate in prescribed training and special projects
- Minimum of four years hotel sales management experience required either in a Senior Seller role or other senior leadership group sales position.
- Bachelor Degree and/or Hotel Management Degree required.
- Must be results oriented with ability to be flexible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Computer literacy (Opera, Word, Excel).
- Ability to understand and interpret financial data.
- Positive attitude and supportive team based approach toward the attainment of the hotel's short and long term goals.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours and days.
Visa Requirements: Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Associated topics: analyst, area sales, business management, client, customer, franchise, guest, mba, sales, territory sales
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...